Help With Mmf. What Did I Do Wrong?

Decorating By cerobs Updated 6 Oct 2007 , 8:02pm by cerobs

cerobs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cerobs Posted 6 Oct 2007 , 6:56pm
post #1 of 8

Here is the picture. I made the mmf last night and prepare the cake this afternoon. Does the mmf suppose to look this way?
LL

7 replies
BrandisBaked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BrandisBaked Posted 6 Oct 2007 , 7:18pm
post #2 of 8

The picture is too small to clearly make out what the problem may be...

Cakerer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakerer Posted 6 Oct 2007 , 7:39pm
post #3 of 8

I can't see it perfectly but I'm wondering if it's just air bubbles or too much sugar. Also, if you roll it too thin, you can see any imperfections that appear on the cake underneath. Can you post a closer picture?

snowqueen93 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snowqueen93 Posted 6 Oct 2007 , 7:46pm
post #4 of 8

The picture is pretty small, but it looks like it might not be very smooth and may be cracking. If this is true then no, this is not the way MMF is supposed to look. Did you let it rest overnight? If it was really hard when you rolled it you can put it in the microwave for a couple of seconds and it will soften up right away. Then work it with your hands until it is soft.

cerobs Posted 6 Oct 2007 , 7:51pm
post #5 of 8

I let it sit all night. Do you think it should be thicker?

Peeg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peeg Posted 6 Oct 2007 , 7:52pm
post #6 of 8

I sure would like to try mmf, all I've ever done is bc. Are you suppose to coat the cake with icing before you use the mmf? icon_confused.gif Your cake doesn't look bad to me.

cerobs Posted 6 Oct 2007 , 7:54pm
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowqueen93

The picture is pretty small, but it looks like it might not be very smooth and may be cracking. If this is true then no, this is not the way MMF is supposed to look. Did you let it rest overnight? If it was really hard when you rolled it you can put it in the microwave for a couple of seconds and it will soften up right away. Then work it with your hands until it is soft.

It was soft when I was rolling it out. I will have to try again.

cerobs Posted 6 Oct 2007 , 8:02pm
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peeg

I sure would like to try mmf, all I've ever done is bc. Are you suppose to coat the cake with icing before you use the mmf? icon_confused.gif Your cake doesn't look bad to me.

Yes I put buttercream on before the mmf. Thanks you. I will do another tonight after I hear what I did wrong. But it taste great!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%