Don't You Just Love Birthday Parties??? (Kinda Long Sorry)

Decorating By jespooky Updated 11 Dec 2006 , 3:38am by TiffTurtle

jespooky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jespooky Posted 9 Dec 2006 , 9:40pm
post #1 of 12

I just had my daughter's 3rd birthday party today.....her theme was Disney princess....so i dolled her all up in sleeping beauty's dress, tried to curl her hair (which did NOT work lol) But anyways, the entire reason i got into cake decorating this past few months was to make HER cake. I made a castle cake, took me about 6-7 hours to do it, and it was fun! A little sloppy but way better then my first castle lol. The pic is in my photos. but don't you jus tlove putting all that effort into decorating the house, AND the cake and it's all over in a flash??? *sigh* then you're stuck with the clean up! icon_cry.gif it was a lot of fun and everyone loved the cake, so thanks to everyone (especially cambo) for thier help. icon_smile.gif
LL

11 replies
zoraya Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zoraya Posted 9 Dec 2006 , 9:43pm
post #2 of 12

very cute cake! I know what you mean - I got into decorating to do cakes for my boys. Just celebrated my youngest sons 4th birthday today and it was chaos but to see his little happy face is so worth it. I'll post pics later - I'm still trying to recover!! icon_wink.gif

ETA - link to my cake today http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&pos=-88897

lovescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lovescakes Posted 9 Dec 2006 , 10:05pm
post #3 of 12

that's the same reason I got into cake decorating, I alway had bad experience with bakaries everytime I order cakes for my kids b'days so I started doing it myself and now I'm hooked.. Your cake it's adorable

knoxcop1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
knoxcop1 Posted 9 Dec 2006 , 10:08pm
post #4 of 12

Your cake is really very nice! thumbs_up.gif

I want to do a 3D castle one of these days... icon_cry.gif

--Knox--

Ray75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ray75 Posted 9 Dec 2006 , 10:19pm
post #5 of 12

Great job!

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 10 Dec 2006 , 12:35am
post #6 of 12

Cute cake, I want a little girl to make that stuff for.

I know what you mean about it all being over and you left with a mess. I'm sitting here instead of picking up from my son's party, the house is trashed.

gatorbear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gatorbear Posted 10 Dec 2006 , 1:51am
post #7 of 12

That is a cute cake!!! I feel the same way you do about birthdays, Christmas and any holidays. You spend so much time preparing cooking/baking, etc and it is all over in just a few minutes.

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 10 Dec 2006 , 1:56am
post #8 of 12

Even though it is over with so quickly ~ the memories your little girl will have of that cake and party will be with her the rest of her life!!! thumbs_up.gif

katharry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katharry Posted 10 Dec 2006 , 2:48am
post #9 of 12

The cake is FABULOUS!!!! Excellent job!

Quadcrew is right... these are such special memories for our children. I still remember the banana loaf my Mum made me when I was about 5. and looking back it was just covered in icing with a plastic ballerina on top... nothing fancy but I will never get a better cake till the day I die icon_biggrin.gif

Well done you should be really proud of yourself! thumbs_up.gif

emilykakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emilykakes Posted 10 Dec 2006 , 1:20pm
post #10 of 12

Boy can I ever relate! We just had my son's 7th birthday party yesterday. I did a star wars cake (I have not posted the pic yet) with very blue icing it was so funny watching all the kids and adults leave the party with bright blue mouths! LOL!

Your cake looks awesome! Your little girl must have been thrilled!

JaneK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaneK Posted 11 Dec 2006 , 3:28am
post #11 of 12

the cake is wonderful!!! You did a super job and I think it is great you dressed her up to go with the theme icon_smile.gif

You won't believe how fast she will grow up...it will seem like a flash to you. My kids are 29 and 31 and I wonder where the time went!!

Enjoy every moment of it!
Jane

TiffTurtle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TiffTurtle Posted 11 Dec 2006 , 3:38am
post #12 of 12

i think your cake looks great...its funny how so many of us got into this for the same reason...i started in aug after my little boy had a horrid store cake for his b-day in july...now im doing wedding cakes...lol...just keep up the good work...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%