What's Happening?

Decorating By yummy Updated 10 Dec 2006 , 4:18pm by Wendoger

yummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummy Posted 9 Dec 2006 , 3:23pm
post #1 of 6

I made a cake for the house the other day and why do I detect a hint of mint when I taste it now? What could the problem be?

I like the bc recipe that I am now using but it does not crust; what do I do to make it crust?

5 replies
ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 9 Dec 2006 , 4:05pm
post #2 of 6

Did you airbrush or spray a design with the Wilton canned spray onto the cake? That is the nastiest stuff, can't figure out why they decided to add mint to all the colors. Maybe to diguise the chemical taste?

yummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummy Posted 9 Dec 2006 , 4:08pm
post #3 of 6

Hi ShirleyW! I meant to say that nothing minty was added to the cake or icing. Just yellow gel paste to the icing, but I noticed the taste after several days.

Sunflowerbagel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sunflowerbagel Posted 9 Dec 2006 , 5:13pm
post #4 of 6

One time something similar happened, however it wasn't exactly a mint taste, although there was some mint. It turned out to be the vanilla. Someone brought me back some vanilla from Mexico and it would add a weird taste to my BC a few days later. Some said paint. Some said mint. Some said primer. I said "disgusting" and poured that vanilla down the drain.

After going back to my normal vanilla, everything was tasty and remained tasty.

gatorbear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gatorbear Posted 10 Dec 2006 , 1:27am
post #5 of 6

I was told that my frankenstein cake in the gallery tasted like mint too and nothing with Mint was put in it. I don't know what happened!!!

Wendoger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wendoger Posted 10 Dec 2006 , 4:18pm
post #6 of 6

This is all really wierd. I have never had this happen but would love to find an answer to it all!
icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%