Wilton Castle Flower Help

Decorating By calebsmom45 Updated 10 Oct 2007 , 4:02am by calebsmom45

calebsmom45 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
calebsmom45 Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 10:33pm
post #1 of 11

I bought the Wilton castle set and was going to start on the flowers today but I did not realize that they were fondant flowers. I don't mind that except I have never made them. I have the floral cut outs but not the set that they are talking about in the directions. I thought they were royal icing flowers so any help with making these flowers would be appreciated. Can I just cut them out with the smallest flower cut out and put them in flower formers and add the centers or do I need the foam thing that the directions talk about. Has anyone else made different flowers for the cake or have any expereince with the flowers? Please Help!!!

10 replies
calebsmom45 Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 10:40pm
post #2 of 11

Sorry, forgot to add...Can I make forget me nots that small with royal or would it be easier with the fondant?

calebsmom45 Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 11:50pm
post #3 of 11

I hate to bump my own post but I really need to do these tonight! Soes anyone out there know about fondant flowers! Thnaks

plbennett_8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
plbennett_8 Posted 5 Oct 2007 , 2:06am
post #4 of 11

Sorry... I am not experienced enough to help with your questions, but maybe this will sent it back to the top... I know that a lot of people have done that castle... If it were me...I would go with what I know how to do and make it work... icon_wink.gif

Good luck!
Pat

schildwaster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
schildwaster Posted 5 Oct 2007 , 3:06am
post #5 of 11

i made the castle flowers. use whatever small flower cutter you have. they look good even without centers.

beccakelly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beccakelly Posted 5 Oct 2007 , 3:23am
post #6 of 11

is there a way to make tiny buttercream flowers instead? i didn't realize those were fondant flowers either, and im doing that cake in a week or so. i'd rather do it all buttercream if any one knows which tip to use....

Jorre Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jorre Posted 5 Oct 2007 , 3:36am
post #7 of 11

I am making the castle cake this month. I am planning on using the flower ejector set to make all those fondant flowers much easier.

plbennett_8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
plbennett_8 Posted 5 Oct 2007 , 11:09am
post #8 of 11

How about little buttercream stars with a dot in the center...

jibbies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jibbies Posted 5 Oct 2007 , 11:28am
post #9 of 11

You can make the flowers ahead of time out of buttercream. Since they are so small they crust and then dry in the middle also, you will need to make more because some of them will break when you move them. This is especially easy if you use any of the following flower tips, 224, 225, 129, 131. Then go back and put a center. Do them on wax or parchment paper and leave them on a cookie sheet to dry (under a ceiling fan really helps) until you need them. I have made all types of flowere this way including roses and as long as you make them ahead of time they are fine.
jibbies

luelue1971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luelue1971 Posted 6 Oct 2007 , 1:57am
post #10 of 11

Use can use the swirl drop flowers from buttercream. You can freeze them if you need to to move them to the cake.

You use the large star tip. I can't remember the number.

calebsmom45 Posted 10 Oct 2007 , 4:02am
post #11 of 11

Thanks for the help! I made them with fondant and gumpaste with just my small cutter and they turned out fine. Check out my castle to see! Thanks again.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%