Anybody In Ohio?

Decorating By shannonjustice Updated 11 Dec 2006 , 1:10am by midialjoje

shannonjustice Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shannonjustice Posted 7 Dec 2006 , 8:03pm
post #1 of 17

Hey everybody--I've decided to go ahead an have somebody else do my cake............so...........anybody in Ohio? I live in Washington Court House. It's about an hour from Dayton, Cinci, and Columbus. I'd prefer somebody who is really experienced in fondant. If you are nearby or know of anybody who is, please lemme know! Thanks!!!

16 replies
Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 7 Dec 2006 , 8:19pm
post #2 of 17

I am in Ohio ~ just north of Columbus. When is your wedding? I have not done a lot of fondant cakes to sell, but I teach how to use it in my classes.
If you look in my photos, the mini cakes are done in fondant, and the Cornelli and rose cake on the bottom row is a fondant one.

Oops! edited to add the "Cup of Cocoa" cake (which is also my avitar) is another fondant cake I have done several of! I can get buttercream so smooth people think it is fondant too - you can see the examples of that in most of the pics too.

tthardy78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tthardy78 Posted 7 Dec 2006 , 8:43pm
post #3 of 17

I'm in Cincy and have done a few fondant covered cakes all have been wedding cakes. When is your wedding?

jen1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jen1977 Posted 7 Dec 2006 , 10:44pm
post #4 of 17

I am in Kettering...just south of Dayton. My I just did my sisters blue fondant wedding cake in June. The pic is in my photos!

msauer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msauer Posted 7 Dec 2006 , 10:52pm
post #5 of 17

I am in Gahanna which is just outside of 270 in Columbus. I would be happy to talk to you about doing a wedding cake. I love working with fondant and would love to do more wedding cakes. I have two lined up for next year at this point.

Feel free to check out my website (there is a quick key at the bottom of this post) and contact me directly if you are interested.

-Michelle Sauer

shannonjustice Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shannonjustice Posted 7 Dec 2006 , 11:49pm
post #6 of 17

Oh yeah, the wedding is on Feb. 14th, Valentine's Day. (awwwwww......lol, I know!)

marmie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marmie Posted 8 Dec 2006 , 12:24am
post #7 of 17

I live in the west side of Cincinnati. Have been decorating cakes for over 30 years as a hobby. I did my daughter's wedding cake this last March using fondant and gumpaste. birthday.gif

hellie0h Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hellie0h Posted 8 Dec 2006 , 3:04am
post #8 of 17

I'm not interested in doing a cake......just wanted to say hello to my fellow buckeyes....I live just south of Columbus, in Lancaster.

Loucinda Posted 8 Dec 2006 , 4:34am
post #9 of 17

Hi hellieOh!! We drive through your town everytime we go riding our ATV's! (either to WNF - we go to property of Rt. 595 close to New Straitsville) or we are headed to WV (Hatfield McCoy riding area!)

alysmom09 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alysmom09 Posted 8 Dec 2006 , 4:44am
post #10 of 17

Another Buckeye here!!!! (just wanted to say hey...better at cookies than cakes right now icon_redface.gif )......I'm also in Lancaster

Loucinda Posted 8 Dec 2006 , 4:49am
post #11 of 17

Hi alysmom09! Glad to see another Buckeye!

msauer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msauer Posted 8 Dec 2006 , 12:49pm
post #12 of 17

Hey Alysmom09! You have some really cute cookies in your gallery. I especially like the Frakensteins! (Don't worry, we all have a few bolts missing around here too! icon_wink.gificon_lol.gificon_wink.gificon_lol.gif )

Hey, not sure if you know this, but if you go back into your forum info, you can say "Yes" to the question about allowing other members to post to your pictures (I think it is the 4th question down in the 3rd section on the page) and then we can tell you how cute your stuff is every time you post a new picture!!! It is really reassuring when your fellow bakers like your stuff!!!

Keep Baking!!!
(You are gonna love Cake Central!)

-Michelle

alysmom09 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alysmom09 Posted 8 Dec 2006 , 10:45pm
post #13 of 17

Thanks Michelle!!!!
Changed my "comment status" positive reinforcement is always a good thing thumbs_up.gif Thanks for the comment on my green guys......they were so fun to make
Jessie

tysmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tysmom Posted 9 Dec 2006 , 12:31am
post #14 of 17

Just wanted to say hello fellow "Buckeyes" I am in Marietta, Ohio. Anyone close to me?

Quadcrew, how are you doing?

Loucinda Posted 9 Dec 2006 , 12:38am
post #15 of 17

Hi Tysmom! I am doing fine ~ busy this weekend my baby sis graduates with her PhD from Ohio State on Sunday, I am making her cake! icon_biggrin.gif How have you been?

buckibaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
buckibaker Posted 9 Dec 2006 , 11:11pm
post #16 of 17

I'm not interested in doing your cake-just starting out but I'm in Ohio, also-Columbus. Congratulations on your big day and post a picture of the cake!

midialjoje Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
midialjoje Posted 11 Dec 2006 , 1:10am
post #17 of 17

Another near Columbus here (NW side--Hilliard). If you're interested in setting up a consultation, I'd also like to throw my name in the hat. Pictures are in gallery and more on my website. Have multiple fondant, rolled buttercream, etc.

Good luck with your planning and Valentine's wedding!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%