Cupcake Fillers

Decorating By Brandonsmommy Updated 4 Oct 2007 , 10:27pm by allie73

Brandonsmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brandonsmommy Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 3:00pm
post #1 of 7

What do you put in cupcake as fillers?? Icing, jelly?

Can't you just jam a tip in there and squeeze? icon_confused.gif

I am going to have extra icing from this cake and don't want it to sit so I am going to try to have some fun w/ cuppers!

Thanks!

6 replies
darandon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darandon Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 3:34pm
post #2 of 7

I've mixed some jelly/jam with leftover icing and used the long bismark tip to fill my cupcakes. I've also used pudding to fill with.

MOBOGAL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MOBOGAL Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 3:53pm
post #3 of 7

Hi icon_smile.gif

I made chocolate cupcakes and filled them with raspberry filling using this recipe and they were yummy! The filling was delicious and not too overpowering and didn't absorb into the cake. Hope this helps!

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-2503-4-Raspberry-Filling.html

sweetbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetbaker Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 4:33pm
post #4 of 7

Yes, I just stick the tip in and squeeze.I use a star tip, I think #21. So far, I've only filled cupcakes with buttercream but you could definitely use jelly too.

TheCakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakerator Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 9:29pm
post #5 of 7

do you guys do something to your cupcakes to make a hole in the middle, or do you bake them normally and then just stick a tip in the middle and fill?

redpanda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
redpanda Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 10:10pm
post #6 of 7

I just stick the tip in and fill. Depending on the size of the cupcake and the consistency of the filler, I make either one or two holes. I have filled with raspberry jam, blackberry all-fruit spread, and peanut butter creme.

To make the peanut butter filling, I mixed half a jar of unsalted, natural peanut butter, about 2/3 cup (eyeball estimate, since I didn't measure) powdered sugar, and 3 T softened butter in a bowl, using a hand mixer. I then added enough cream to make a nice piping consistency. I beat it for about an additional minute to make it nice and light.
YUMMY!

allie73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
allie73 Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 10:27pm
post #7 of 7

Lemon or lime curd is super yummy! Really, you can pretty much make any fruit curd you want, then fold the curd together with some lightly sweetened whipped cream and fill cupcakes with that, too. I quite like blackberry curd myself - but make sure to strain out all those seeds! Deeee-lish!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%