Wine Glass On Wedding Cake Between Columns, Need Some Advise

Decorating By jjbrink Updated 4 Oct 2007 , 3:39pm by jjbrink

jjbrink Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jjbrink Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 2:12am
post #1 of 5

i have only made one wedding cake. SO, got a question and hopefully you guys can give me some advise and sugesstions, tips...

the bride wants the cake on a rectangle bottom. then columns holding up a "fake" cake above the bottom layer, then the smaller cake on top.

in between the colums of the two bottom layers she wants 2 wine glasses sitting there, on the cake.

how would i go about placing the wine glasses onto the cake without them sinking into it? and also, what do you make the "fake" cake out of?

i looked in the galleries to try and find a photo of the whole wine glass on the cake, but had no luck icon_sad.gif so, any help or pointers would be very much appreciated. thank you very, very much

~jj

4 replies
kaecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaecakes Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 2:23am
post #2 of 5

Does she want the glasses as decorations or as the pillers? If used as decorations I might lay one down and one standing on a seperator plate. are they to be full size or minitures. Useing them as the pillers could be more difficult.

most use styrofoam dummies for the fake cakes.

Badeerah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Badeerah Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 2:28am
post #3 of 5

You make fake cake out of styrofoam. You can purchase different sizes online. If you look in my photos you can see a cake I did that I used a martini glass. I just doweled the cake and sat the glass on top of the dowels . The only thing that I would suggest is to use enough dowels because I only used three and the glass did start to sink a little. HTH

PGray315 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PGray315 Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 3:06am
post #4 of 5

Here is a picture of a cake I did years ago with the glasses on the separator plate.
LL

jjbrink Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jjbrink Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 3:39pm
post #5 of 5

baderra- cool cake icon_smile.gif but she is wanting them to set between the columns, not to hold it up.

pgray- looks like the way she was describing it icon_smile.gif thank you for posting. it was hard trying to do a search and find something i was looking for. yours did it though thumbs_up.gif

kae- i am suppose to meet with her and find otu how she is wanting it exactly. i am not sure if they are the glasses she wants to use, or if just for decoration...thanks you guys for replying to my post. gave me some tips to go with icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%