Princess/castle Cake Questions

Decorating By mom2bnb Updated 6 Dec 2006 , 6:32am by cupcake

mom2bnb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2bnb Posted 6 Dec 2006 , 5:13am
post #1 of 2

I posted this on the idea board as well, just wanting some feed back.

Hi there. New to CC. I have been testing my talent at decorating cakes. My hubby bought me my own kit finally, so no more borrowing from friends. I've did a several cakes but always had the pan, or did sheet cakes and stenciled things on. My daughter is turning 3 and I am doing a castle cake, with a small princess on the side. I have used a 10 inch square pan X2 for the base, then an 8 inch round X2 for the 'tower' in the middle. Also going to make the turrets out of rice krispies, and then top with ice cream cone. Just wondering about icing. Anyone have any clue how much to use. I have only used buttercream for cakes, with merangue powder added. Any tips or things to share? Would love the ideas. Thanks so much.
Oh, also, what is MMF? Thanks again! icon_redface.gif
Bradi

1 reply
cupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcake Posted 6 Dec 2006 , 6:32am
post #2 of 2

You could use either the Buttercream or Royal for your rice krispy or ice cream cones. If you use the Royal you can make them ahead of time and let them dry, that way they will be easir to handle. Make sure you use some sort of support system for your castle. MMF is Marshmellow Fondant. The recipe is posted on the recipe forum. Alot of people use this instead of the Wilton fondant or other brands. It is easy to make and works well for covering cakes. Good Luck with your castle!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%