New Ideas For The Wilton Iii Final

Decorating By stlalohagal Updated 6 Dec 2006 , 5:11am by Cakers84

stlalohagal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stlalohagal Posted 6 Dec 2006 , 3:32am
post #1 of 3

My instructor says we can do whatever we'd like for the final as long as it's a tiered cake. I want to first try and use some of the elements learned in the class, ie fondant something (don't want to cover the cakes in it), swags, the lace details, some of the new RI flowers, ??? on roses as I want to keep it with a Christmas holiday theme because I will be taking this in for our Church Choir Christmas Program.

Anyone have any ideas??? I posted another question asking if a cake would hold but here's my tiered idea... (I'm open to suggestions too, but limited on pans.)

Bottom 10" round 3" high, topped with 8" round 3" High, pillars then another 8" round 3" high and either a 6" round or a half sports ball for a rounded top.

I've made some Fondant Holly leaves and I was thinking of accenting with Gold Luster dust but I don't know if I'll get to it. Also I was going to do the RI Poinsettia's in red. I want to do the drapes and swags and some of the lace stuff too,... am I trying to do to much? I'm also hoping there's enough room, maybe there won't be, in the pillars to put a small nativity set.

Ok, those are my thoughts and ideas... now I need yours. I've searched the photos from the Holiday/Christmas group and I'm still blank. Fill me up!! Thanks!

- Paula

2 replies
2txmedics Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2txmedics Posted 6 Dec 2006 , 4:11am
post #2 of 3

Dont know if this helps, but I came upon a cake in here that is a wedding cake, made out of gingerbread...almost like the house, but it was a wedding cake...you would have to change a few things, but maybe in levels...good luck, dont forget to post your cake!!!!!
I couldnt do fondant, so I went all b/c for my final, posted on here under heart shaped, b/c cakes

Cakers84 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakers84 Posted 6 Dec 2006 , 5:11am
post #3 of 3

When an instructor lets you design your own cake thats more than half the fun. I made RI hearts curved towards each other with fondant flowers as an accent for my topper. You could do something similar by making RI snowflakes and poinsettia's. Place the snowflakes around the sides with the poinsettia's between the pillars. Use your store bought decoration as a topper surrounded by your Holly leaves. Add snowflakes to the sides of your top cake too if you think it'll look good. Add some sparkle with whatever medium you chose. Then you will have incorporated as much of your Course III lessons as possible without loosing the theme you want. HTH and have fun with it!

Gloria I

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%