Idea's For Twin Girls First Birthday Cake

Decorating By karriearmstrong Updated 6 Dec 2006 , 10:40pm by jescapades

karriearmstrong Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karriearmstrong Posted 5 Dec 2006 , 8:06pm
post #1 of 6

My twin daughters will be turning 1 year old tomorrow and I am making the cake for their birthday party Saturday. I have racked my brain, but can't think of anything cute to make.
I don't like "theme" cakes, like Dora or Sesame Street.
What I would like to do is make a cake for the guests and then little individual cakes for the babies that coorespond to the main cake.
My husband suggested a bee hive and make little bee's for the girl's cakes, but I would like something more girly.
Any idea's would be great. I know how to do MMF, Gumpaste and want to try color flow...so I am open for suggestions!
Thank you!!

5 replies
sweet_as_tisse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet_as_tisse Posted 5 Dec 2006 , 8:19pm
post #2 of 6

Here is a first birthday cake i did for my best friends little girl....

i also have my daugter's first birthday cake in my pic's

kylie
LL

tripletmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tripletmom Posted 5 Dec 2006 , 8:33pm
post #3 of 6

For my girls 1st bday I made a big present cake for the guests and then little present cakes for each girl. Now this was before I started decorating so it was kinda sad looking but now I would probably go with the same theme, only better!

You could do something like I did for a bridal shower, make a present and have little flowers all over it (the cake is in my pics). Give each girl their own coloured ribbon and incorporate the 2 colours on the main cake. Have corresponding balloons and partyware and you are all set!

karriearmstrong Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karriearmstrong Posted 5 Dec 2006 , 9:21pm
post #4 of 6

Great idea's...keep them coming!
Thanks

jacqrose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jacqrose Posted 5 Dec 2006 , 9:33pm
post #5 of 6

My neice's 1st b-day it this week as well. We are doing a cake that looks like a baby with a party hat on (9" round and party hat pan) I got the idea from the 2006 wilton yearbook. I am also giving her a small round for a smash cake but i am going to decorate it with the baby wearing the hat to match her big cake.
You could do this idea for each baby but have the hats different colors and put their names on them.

jescapades Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jescapades Posted 6 Dec 2006 , 10:40pm
post #6 of 6

i made a 3d ducky cake for my twin boys' first birthay in september. maybe you can make a big ducky for the guests and little ducklings for your girls? good luck and happy birthday to your babies!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%