I Need To Thank You

Decorating By aine2 Updated 4 Jan 2007 , 10:51pm by playingwithsugar

aine2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aine2 Posted 5 Dec 2006 , 6:39pm
post #1 of 25

Believe me when I say that, before I joined this website, I did not think that I had any special quality that made my work stand out. I don't advertise myself except I do drive around in a bright yellow car with my logo on each side and pink writing saying The Icing on the Cake and balloons on the front...my pride and joy is my car! I have a great guy who put my website together for me who is forever telling me to make more noise about my achievements and I have ignored him.....until now. The competition at the NEC in Birmingham is an important event for me as I have no training in sugarcraft so to get a certificate that lets me know that I have reached the highest standard is a good enough reason for me to continue what I do. This year, I won 2 Gold Awards, as you probably all already know and I have been approached to do demonstrations and possible workshops. I have always planned to do this in the future but thought I'd wait until I was good enough!! However, behind my back, my website creator gave my telephone number to a local news website and they called me which took me by surprise as I didn't know anything about it. My web guy said that "someone had to do it!" Anyway, they asked me some questions and congratulated me and are coming to interview me on Friday. In the meantime, they have put me on the front page of their site....well my cake at least. Earlier today, I got another call from another local newspaper who want to come and take photos and interview me too! I am suddenly feeling all celebrity!

I have to say a big thank you to everyone on this site who have made me feel that I have something to offer. I am still getting loads of mail and I really appreciate everyone taking the time to write. I have so many pictures of little "mini me's" which have been created by so many of you due to a little slide show which caused more fuss than I could have anticipated.

I am still preparing for a new tutorial website but some other things are happening too so until I get my ahead around it all, I shall have to take things a step at a time. Once my demonstrations kick off, who knows what will happen.

I'm sorry this is so long.....this is a condensed version of what I could've written but I tried to keep it short!! I just wanted to share since I feel that quite a lot has changed for me since joining this site. You have all been the kick in the pants I needed to realise my own worth.

Thank you. thumbs_up.gif

24 replies
angelas2babies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelas2babies Posted 5 Dec 2006 , 6:46pm
post #2 of 25

Congratulations. You have always been an artist that I looked up to! You are beyond worthy and I wish you continued success....you don't need any luck....you have mad skills!!! icon_smile.gif

Congratulations!!
Angie

ladyvader01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladyvader01 Posted 5 Dec 2006 , 7:19pm
post #3 of 25

Congrats on your Gold Awards!! Your cakes are AWESOME!!

Cakers84 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakers84 Posted 5 Dec 2006 , 7:42pm
post #4 of 25

The blessings are doubled in return, for we have all been introduced to you and your talent, pre-celebrity. That gives us all the confidence we need to reach for the stars in our craft. Granted some of our stars will sit a little lower in the sky than others, but we will all shine just as bright. Congrtaulations on your Gold awards and continued good wishes for your new life path, from all of us.

With many good thoughts,
Gloria I

Lalana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lalana Posted 5 Dec 2006 , 7:51pm
post #5 of 25

It's wonderful to see a humble, talented, and generous person be blessed in such a way!! Congratulations and enjoy every minute of your celebrity. You've certainly earned it and you already have a huge fan base!!

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 5 Dec 2006 , 7:54pm
post #6 of 25

Congratulations on your Gold Awards and I wish you continued success. Your work is amazing and I'd like to thank you for sharing your talent and instructions with us.

missyv110 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missyv110 Posted 5 Dec 2006 , 8:00pm
post #7 of 25

Gloria summed it up for me perfectly. Beautiful words!

We've all learned so much from you, Lorraine, and your artistry just improves with every new project. I for one am inspired by you to learn more, try new things, just 'jump in and give things a go'.

Such a short time ago I may not have, without the support of CCers. What a great place this website is.

LOL....None of us are really as suprised as you are. Way to GO.

Congratulations, fame's a'knockin, cuz your cakes are just rockin'.

thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

Maureen

superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 5 Dec 2006 , 8:05pm
post #8 of 25

Lorraine,
You are such a fantastic, caring person. You deserve all the good things life has to offer. Your talent is amazing. If you ever feel like a trip to Hawaii, USA. I would love to have you stay with us. Of course I would pick your brains shamelessly. Bless you & congratulations. Keep us posted.
June

aine2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aine2 Posted 5 Dec 2006 , 9:06pm
post #9 of 25

How kind you all are. This has been quite an emotional day icon_cry.gif I should have finished a wedding cake today but I still have time tomorrow so I gave up! I've been reflecting a little and will have an early night I think and hopefully tomorrow I will spring out of bed feeling ready to take on the day.... icon_confused.gif I did say hopefully!

Eliza Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eliza Posted 6 Dec 2006 , 11:13am
post #10 of 25

Congrats!! You deserved it!! Your work is amazing!!

LeeAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LeeAnn Posted 6 Dec 2006 , 4:43pm
post #11 of 25

Lorraine
Just to let you know I have put you as my buddy so every day I check to see if you have made another cake/////I love your cakes and Know you must be a wonderful person from the red tea pot etc etc......Good luck with everything sometimes we do not realize our worth.....I did 2 hours a week and became hooked but problem is the time and sometimes I think why am I doing this..I think you really have to charge to make it worthwile well certainly flowers etc, so time consuming. Now I just learn on my own as the teacher use to talk a lot and I became very agitated I have a lot of energy to burn and hate HATe wasting time. You Deserve all you get.PS cant wait to see the wedding cake. Yes its a great site but boy do I waste my time on here.....

daltonam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daltonam Posted 6 Dec 2006 , 5:01pm
post #12 of 25

without getting too emotional, i'm going to say that,

I've found a GREAT GREAT friend in you! Thanks!

BTW- i'm sorry last night wasn't so early after all...

i thought the article was great! i believe that talent like yours needs to be seen. i'm glad your web guy did this for you, how sweet!

starrchaser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
starrchaser Posted 6 Dec 2006 , 5:05pm
post #13 of 25

I am amazed that you could not be shouting from the rooftops about your glorious and personality filled cakes. I think i have all of them saved as favorites. i get goosebumps everytime i see a new addition. You are truely an inspiration and a kind person. Im so glad to hear about your new successes and Celebrity status. Keep turning out those georgeouse cakes and do what you do best and only good things will happen. thumbs_up.gif

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 6 Dec 2006 , 9:19pm
post #14 of 25

Aine2 I'm so happy for you! You totally deserve all of this because you are such a sweet person are always so helpful.

beany Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beany Posted 7 Dec 2006 , 2:49am
post #15 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by aine2

I am still preparing for a new tutorial website

I can't wait for you to do this!

Congratulations on all you've done. Your work is magnificent and you deserve all of this plus much more!

I loved your slideshow and I enjoy seeing all of your fabulous creations.

Thankyou for your generosity in sharing with us.

katharry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katharry Posted 7 Dec 2006 , 6:32am
post #16 of 25

Well I am sooooo glad to see you are starting to believe everything we have all been telling you!

You know how much of an influence you have had on me.. Im just so glad you are getting the recognition you so thoroughly deserve!

Buckle up and be prepared for the ride Lorraine as this is only the start for you my friend!

Love
Kathryn thumbs_up.gif

PS: Is there somewhere we can view the interviews?

cupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcake Posted 7 Dec 2006 , 7:44am
post #17 of 25

Congratulations on your success.Have enjoyed looking at your creations. I am sure all of this can be overwhelming, and at some point will get to a manageable level, until then, keep the faith, keep doing what your good at, keep reaching for the stars, keep us little people in mind when you reach the top. Continued success to you.

denise4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
denise4 Posted 7 Dec 2006 , 8:07am
post #18 of 25

I AM SO SO PLEASED FOR YOU icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif, I absolutely agree with all fellow CCers, they have really summed it all up......and you know something I could kiss your website chap, cos it looks like he's speeded up the proceedings for you doing workshops!!!!! GREAT, and as you know from before I WANT TO BE THERE, front of the class icon_lol.gif and as I told you, It's going to be like dying and going to heaven....beeing taught by YOU and in my favourite place on earth...Scotland.... CONGRATULATIONS Loraine...you SO DESERVE all these wonderful things happening for you.

Denise thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

malika Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
malika Posted 7 Dec 2006 , 7:45pm
post #19 of 25

You deserve it! Congratulations!

GRAMMASUE Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GRAMMASUE Posted 7 Dec 2006 , 7:54pm
post #20 of 25

Congratulations to such a deserving and wonderfully talented person!! I've had you on my buddy list for so long and always check for your new cakes! I'm so happy that you are getting the recognition that you so richly deserve!!

Regards,
Grammasue

dolfin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dolfin Posted 7 Dec 2006 , 7:56pm
post #21 of 25

Congratulations!!! party.gifparty.gifparty.gif You are such a kind and deserving person. Kudos to your web guy! Looking forward to seeing you on Food Network soon giving Duff a run for his money. LOVE your work.
norma

PS: can I have your autograph??

JaneK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaneK Posted 7 Dec 2006 , 11:45pm
post #22 of 25

Congratulations ...it is so well deserved! Thank-you so much for freely sharing with us. It is really appreciated.
Your cakes and modeling abilities are outstanding.
Way to go!!!

Jane

shebaben Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shebaben Posted 7 Dec 2006 , 11:59pm
post #23 of 25

Congratulations!!!!! No one deserves this more than you. I've been astounded that someone as talented as you are will take the time to advise and encourage those of us who are just beginners. We'll all keep our eyes on you! PAT

Richiescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Richiescakes Posted 4 Jan 2007 , 10:37pm
post #24 of 25

I agree!! You're work is amazing!!! You truly deserve the recognition you deserve!! I expect to see you in the O Magazine!!! icon_smile.gif Great job and may God's blessings flow!!

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 4 Jan 2007 , 10:51pm
post #25 of 25

NO, NO, NO! I am not saying it until you give us the link to the news website! You can't leave us hanging like this!!!!

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%