Bakery Owners Or Workers, And Those Who Just Bake At Home...

Baking By nikki1201 Updated 2 Oct 2007 , 11:32pm by aubrazacmom

nikki1201 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nikki1201 Posted 2 Oct 2007 , 5:48pm
post #1 of 3

okay, a few questions:

to those of you who run your own bakery (or are employed at one), do you sell decorated sugar cookies that you bake on site or do you buy cookies form someone else and sell them? now that i'ved typed this, it reads like an odd question, but there are a few places i've been that don;t offer them, as they are small bakeries and the cookies are too time consuming, when most of their time is spent making profit on cakes.

and to those of you (like me) who just 'hobby' bake, does anyone sell their cookies to local bakeries to be sold there?

i have been batting around the idea of offering my cookies to local bakeries to sell, as i am not currently 'selling' any of them, but would really ♥ to! i make them because i love to. i make a few dozen a week, usually on the weekends, but i just always leave a few at home, take some to work, and pass out a few to friends and family as i see them.

is this (offering them to be sold elsewhere) something that people really do? it was just a thought i had, and seems to be a good idea to me! i hope someone who has any experience with this can help me out.... point me in the right direction, or just share your stories about this!

thanks in advance!

2 replies
auntiecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntiecake Posted 2 Oct 2007 , 10:03pm
post #2 of 3

bump I'll let someone who has done this answer this for you!

aubrazacmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aubrazacmom Posted 2 Oct 2007 , 11:32pm
post #3 of 3

I am in the process of doing this right now. My local bakery does not do cookies and I shop there frequently for supplies and it kind of came up in conversation and she wanted to put a cookie bouquet in her shop (the Halloween bouquet in my photos). She is going to take orders for me and I will give her a percentage of my sale.

I posted a question on the percentage that I should give or offer in the business forum for some help so still waiting on more advice on that side of it.

I would definitely look into it!! I am starting to look into other bakeries around me now. Best of Luck!! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%