Anyone Get American Cake Decorating Magazine?

Decorating By aztomcat Updated 4 Oct 2007 , 2:31am by debster

aztomcat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aztomcat Posted 2 Oct 2007 , 2:26am
post #1 of 15

Does anyone get this magazine. It is published bi-monthly.

On the back of the cake flour box was a discount to get a subscription. I think I will order it if anyone here gives it a nod of approval. Always looking for tip and ideas. They say its good for every skill level.

you can check out the magazine and order it at
www. americancakedecorating.com

There is a discount if you use the coupon code SAS06

Or on the back of the box is a phone number or a order form. it takes 8-10 weeks for the first issue to arrive.

Thanks for your input on this magazine.

aztomcat

14 replies
KimAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KimAZ Posted 2 Oct 2007 , 5:39am
post #2 of 15

Hi,
I've subscribed to ACD for several years now and always look forward to getting it in the mail. It's great! Really good pictures, tips, how-to's. Work every penny to me!

I say order!!

KimAZ

-jackie- Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-jackie- Posted 2 Oct 2007 , 6:03am
post #3 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimAZ

Hi,
I've subscribed to ACD for several years now and always look forward to getting it in the mail. It's great! Really good pictures, tips, how-to's. Work every penny to me!

I say order!!

KimAZ

i agree! i was just looking at a whole buch of those magazines at work today, and they look awesome. they have really good step by step pictures and patterns and stuff like that. im actually thinking about subscribing to it.

nefgaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nefgaby Posted 2 Oct 2007 , 6:20am
post #4 of 15

I used to get it at my local cake shop, it is really great!!! And agree with PP!

Feefs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Feefs Posted 2 Oct 2007 , 6:26am
post #5 of 15

I get it... all the way out to little Australia... love it love it love it... definitely worth subscribing.

-- Fi

aztomcat Posted 2 Oct 2007 , 6:41am
post #6 of 15

Guess that does it. I'm ordering it tonight!!

Thanks, All.

Verina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Verina Posted 2 Oct 2007 , 8:56am
post #7 of 15

I just subscribed as well - all the way from South Africa! Can't wait to get it!

dydemus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dydemus Posted 2 Oct 2007 , 9:46am
post #8 of 15

I've been getting it for about a year now and will renew my subscription. I was getting the Mailbox one too, but probably won't again - the cakes are fun to look at, but I would rather look at the ones on here. I dont' really use that one for much. But the ACD is full of great ideas, techniques, and business info.

aztomcat Posted 2 Oct 2007 , 2:10pm
post #9 of 15

Two more things about the magazine......

The code SAS06 is good for $3 off one yr ($28 - $3discount = $24.95final US price)

and there's a FREE monthly web-newsletter called the SLICE that you can subscribe to.

weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 2 Oct 2007 , 2:27pm
post #10 of 15

Ive been receiving it now for two years! Its such a great magazine! It makes you wanting more after you read it! Its got great techniques each month and has coverage of the ICES and OSSAS shows. Its definetly a cake decorating MUST HAVE!!

moydear77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moydear77 Posted 3 Oct 2007 , 4:06am
post #11 of 15

I love both there publications! The editor is a friend of mine! There tiny staff does a great job! They are based out of the Twin Cities here. I can probably chuck a rock at Craig's house!

JuneHawk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JuneHawk Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 12:41am
post #12 of 15

It's a shame I can't find it anywhere. Is it by subscription only?

doescakestoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doescakestoo Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 2:13am
post #13 of 15

I have gotten the magazine ACD for over ten years. I have all but the third print. I will not let this magazine go for the life of me. I love it. The only way to get it is by mail order. I don't know of many stores that carry it any more. I love the people whom put it out also. Have met them several times.

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 2:22am
post #14 of 15

I do and I love it!! I highly recommend it for any cake decorator. icon_biggrin.gif

debster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debster Posted 4 Oct 2007 , 2:31am
post #15 of 15

I just ordered a 2 years subscription 4 weeks ago, I'm waiting for my first issue.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%