Hawaiian Theme Bridal Shower Cake

Decorating By dolphindreamers Updated 3 Aug 2005 , 10:05pm by dolphindreamers

dolphindreamers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dolphindreamers Posted 2 Aug 2005 , 12:05am
post #1 of 11

I have a bridal shower cake to do next week. They just decided that since she is going to hawaii for their honeymoon, that the shower should be a Hawaiian theme. I will be making a 12x18 sheet cake. Her color for the wedding will be hot pink! Any thoughts on how I can make it look like a shower cake and not a beach party? I'm not able to do gum paste flowers but I can do just about everything else. I did get a bride and groom teddy bear figurine that I could use. And, the bride bear has on a pink dress! Your ideas are greatly appreciated! I'm new to this site and I just love it!!!

10 replies
susanmm23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susanmm23 Posted 2 Aug 2005 , 8:48pm
post #2 of 11

maybe you could do a plane ticket to hawaii. maybe a fbct add a bathing suit and maybe some sexy lingeri(sp) like she is packing. that way its not really a beach theme.

jjandascog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jjandascog Posted 3 Aug 2005 , 5:49am
post #3 of 11

You could do a hot pink cake with piped in tropical flowers all around and maybe make a suitcase out of fondant or chocolate or something that has a Hawaii sticker on it to lean against the side of the cake. Or some plastic or fondant tropical drink shaped glasses with the stems crossed and with umbrellas sticking out lying in sand around the bottom of the cake. Some pineapples might be cute. For my daughter's tropical cake I made a banner out of fondant stretched between fondant tiki poles and handpainted happy birthday...you could make a banner that says "Hawaii or bust" or some other cute saying.

MommyEdzards Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MommyEdzards Posted 3 Aug 2005 , 4:33pm
post #4 of 11

i like the suitcase idea and maybe a lei laying on it made out of gumpaste or royal flowers. You could put a luggage tag on it that says Congrats to the bride or whatever.

peacockplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacockplace Posted 3 Aug 2005 , 4:36pm
post #5 of 11

Here is a link to a Luau baby shower, but I think some of the cakes would work for this too! http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-4970-luau.html

delectablecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
delectablecakes Posted 3 Aug 2005 , 4:46pm
post #6 of 11

Now I'm doing a bridal shower this weekend and they are going to the Bahamas on their honeymoon. When I came up with ideas for her, she said it looked too much like Hawaii! Now I'm really at a loss...and the cake is due Saturday so I will need to come up with something QUICK!!

jjandascog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jjandascog Posted 3 Aug 2005 , 5:20pm
post #7 of 11

I can't really think of anything other than the suitcase idea for the Bahamas also... I know that the Bahamas has a lot of colonial-looking buildings and that they are big on eating conch. Maybe you could do a colonial house for the hotel with the Wilton stand-up house cake pan and put it on top of a sheet cake with sand and ocean, a couple of palm trees and conch shells lying in the sand. You could continue the sand and conch shells around the base of the sheet cake. I just made some chocolate shells for a tropical cake and swirled white, pink and lt. chocolate candy melts and they looked really good. You could even put a banner at the top of the hotel that says "Welcome to the Bahamas" or "Welcome to Paradise". Hope this helps.

Sugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar Posted 3 Aug 2005 , 7:06pm
post #8 of 11

I'd do something simple and white or pale pink, with real tropical looking flowers. As in something to this effect.

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&meta=favpics&cat=0&pos=5

That would go with just about any celebration. It's tropical where it would go with Hawaii, Bahamas, or general enough to just be a pretty cake in case she changes her mind again.

Glad I'm not her travel agent. icon_lol.gif

ntertayneme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ntertayneme Posted 3 Aug 2005 , 7:08pm
post #9 of 11

Maybe you could make a lei or lei's on the cake .. maybe in some bright tropical colors

Sugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dolphindreamers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dolphindreamers Posted 3 Aug 2005 , 10:05pm
post #11 of 11

Hey delectablecakes, while on my serch for a Hawaiian theme bridal shower idea, I came across the Hawaiian state flower. Maybe you could find out what the Bahammas is and do a few buttercream transfers? Just a thought!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%