Poinsetta Question

Decorating By CherylAnn Updated 4 Dec 2006 , 7:32am by CupcakeMomma

CherylAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CherylAnn Posted 3 Dec 2006 , 8:07pm
post #1 of 7

I am new to cake decorating but would like to learn to make the BC poinesetta. I have the 55 pc master tip set and also the beginner set. The tip that the BC poinesetta calls for is not in those is their another tip that I can use that will have about the same effect??

6 replies
Sugarflowers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugarflowers Posted 3 Dec 2006 , 10:55pm
post #2 of 7

Just about any leaf tip should work. I like the V cut leaf tips the best. They make the best points. I can't remember the number though. Sorry.

Michele

JoJo40 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoJo40 Posted 3 Dec 2006 , 11:26pm
post #3 of 7

The leaf tip that Sugarflowers is probably referring to is the #352--it's my fav leaf tip. I doubt that it's in your sets but worth the time and expense to get it. (It's no more expensive than other tips.) The other leaf tips (for me, anyway) leave split ends which have to be closed with your fingers. But the 352 produces great leaves and points--would work well for poinsettias. Practice a little and you'll get the hang of it.

ladyonzlake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladyonzlake Posted 3 Dec 2006 , 11:36pm
post #4 of 7

If you can't take the Wilton classes I recommend purchase the course I, II, and III books which have detailed instructions in them.
Jacqui

cakemommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Steady2Hands Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Steady2Hands Posted 4 Dec 2006 , 4:26am
post #6 of 7

You ought to check out this thread: http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-53872.html

Koolaidstains made some poinsettia cupcakes that are gorgeous. She used tip #352 as suggested above. Her thread is about the 10th one down.

CupcakeMomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CupcakeMomma Posted 4 Dec 2006 , 7:32am
post #7 of 7

I'm using Wilton's #352 for my poinsettias icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%