Help Any Aussies In Brightwangaratta Area In Victoria

Decorating By Annalisa Updated 8 Oct 2007 , 10:49am by boring

Annalisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annalisa Posted 1 Oct 2007 , 3:00am
post #1 of 7

Hi,

I am writing to find out whether there are any Australians in the Wangaratta area in Victoria or if any one knows some one who does cake decorating in or around the area.

I have been asked to make a wedding cake for a wedding the reception which will be taking place in Bright . Because of transport issues etc., I would like to pay someone to bake and ice the wedding cake and deliver it to the venue. If any one knows of any decorators that they thinki may be interested could you please pm me.

Thanks Heaps

Anna

6 replies
BarbaraK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BarbaraK Posted 1 Oct 2007 , 10:25am
post #2 of 7

Is it anywhere near Stawell? Sweet_as_tisse is there and she makes gorgeous cakes. You should post your question in the 'Calling All Aussies' thread in the General section. All the Aussies are there and someone should be able to help you.

Edited to add : Just checked with my hubby and it not near Stawell. Sorry.

nicolevoorhout Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nicolevoorhout Posted 1 Oct 2007 , 10:47pm
post #3 of 7

Hi Annalisa,

Yep try posting here, http://forum.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=5506863#5506863

it's where all the aussies are currently congregating! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

boring Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
boring Posted 2 Oct 2007 , 7:16am
post #4 of 7

There is a very famous bakery in the Bright area and I am sure they would be only to happy to help you. They have 2 stores in Victoria and do you think I cam remember the name of it. My cousin kept telling me about it. I konw I will think of it but just at the moment I can't remeber the name of it. There is also a Cake Decorators Association and one of the members would probably fall over themselves to do it for you.

boring Posted 2 Oct 2007 , 11:06am
post #5 of 7

Beechworth Bakery is the name of the place but really you should consider do the cake yourself, after all you are the person they asked to make the cake for them, not someone you have employed to do it for you. This is my opinion and I know for myself if I asked someone to do it for me I would expect them to do it. I have just taken a 3 tier cake from Sydney to Coffs Harbour which is a considerably a longer distance from Melbourne to Bright. All arrived safely only thing was the icing on the borad was a bit cracked and I just stuck it together again and put a fllower over it you would never know the difference. Just do simply decorations and soe that you can attach when you get there and you will be fine.

Annalisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annalisa Posted 8 Oct 2007 , 12:40am
post #6 of 7

Thank you all for your replys.

Dear Boring Although I was asked to make the cake (its a love job as all my cakes are) I did advised the bride that I would try and have some one bake it in Bright and then I would decorate it and she was quite OK with it and I can assure you she has no expectations of anything other than having a nice cake for the wedding and if it costs her nothing more the bonus...... Also I would not be taking any credit for baking the cake As to transporting the cake you are a braver person than I...

regards

Anna

PS

I also did try the Cake Decoration Association of Victoria of whom I am a member and although they were very helpful they could not help.

boring Posted 8 Oct 2007 , 10:49am
post #7 of 7

Try Beechworth Bakery then. Wow I would have thought that someone in the Association would have helped, what a shock. Unless of course you already have someone.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%