I Made Cream Puffs....

Decorating By JenWith Updated 23 May 2013 , 10:06pm by brussotto

JenWith Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenWith Posted 30 Sep 2007 , 4:57pm
post #1 of 12

Using the recipe that jkalman posted within her post here:
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-421453-vanilla.html+pastry+cream... I made the puff batter. Very easy to do. Instead of making the pastry cream because I don't really care for it, I made homemade whipped cream instead. Oh. They are so YUMMY!

Here are a few of them...
LL

11 replies
mommicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommicakes Posted 30 Sep 2007 , 5:01pm
post #2 of 12

icon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gif They look wonderful. Making my mouth water just looking at them. I must try. What did you use for a pan? icon_biggrin.gif

clsilvus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
clsilvus Posted 30 Sep 2007 , 5:07pm
post #3 of 12

There needs to be a smiley with drool hanging out of it's mouth because that is what I'm doing right now. I love cream puffs and those look delicious.

JenWith Posted 30 Sep 2007 , 6:07pm
post #4 of 12

I used baking sheets lined with parchment and a cookie scoop to make the puffs. I was going to pipe the puffs but I didn't feel like messing with a pastry bag. The cookie scoop worked just fine.

They are very yummy. That is why they are going to a picnic today and not staying at my house! I need to get them outta here!!

Ginnycakes3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ginnycakes3 Posted 1 Oct 2007 , 1:44am
post #5 of 12

Those cream puffs look fabulous Jen...When I was a young girl my mom used to make cream puff's but she filled them with a homemade vanilla pudding then drizzled a homemade chocolate syrup on top...mmm. That is how I still make them today. Sometimes I make a homemade vanilla custard to go in them also.

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 1 Oct 2007 , 2:00am
post #6 of 12

Oh I am so glad that you had success with the recipe! They look so good! icon_biggrin.gif

ValMommytoDanny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ValMommytoDanny Posted 1 Oct 2007 , 2:02am
post #7 of 12

MMmmmmm.... looks good.... what a neat recipe to try... Putting it on my list. icon_smile.gif

charlieinMO Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
charlieinMO Posted 1 Oct 2007 , 2:14am
post #8 of 12

They look wonderful!!! and sound delicious!!! I have been thinking about making them but have been too scared!!! Maybe I will give them a try. (keeping fingers crossed!!!) And thanks for the recipe!!

JenWith Posted 1 Oct 2007 , 2:26pm
post #9 of 12

Thanks everybody for the kind words! Do try the puff recipe. It's very easy. A bit time consuming to get the batter "dry" before you bake it but well worth it! I left mine in the oven (oven shut off) for 2 hours to really dry out. Worked like a charm!

mommicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommicakes Posted 1 Oct 2007 , 6:41pm
post #10 of 12

Thanks again Jenn.

Will try for this weekend. (Fall Foliage Festival) will add to my display of items. thumbs_up.gif I can't wait!!!

auntmamie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntmamie Posted 1 Oct 2007 , 11:07pm
post #11 of 12

Ginnycakes - thats how my grandma did them too - she would have them waiting when we came in from the snow, along with hot cocoa.

brussotto Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brussotto Posted 23 May 2013 , 10:06pm
post #12 of 12

AReceip for cream puff

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%