Need Help Finding A Petal Cutter

Decorating By torki Updated 1 Oct 2007 , 9:09pm by maria892

torki Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
torki Posted 30 Sep 2007 , 2:20pm
post #1 of 8

would anyone know where i could get a single petal daisy cutter or know of a brand that makes them or even suggest a cutter that could be used instead. I am wanting to make wired a wired daisy.....

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated ...thanx icon_biggrin.gif

7 replies
peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 30 Sep 2007 , 10:29pm
post #2 of 8

Jem makes what you are looking for, i got one in the flower cutter set. Try Globalsugarart they may have some thing for you. Or you could try Scott Clark Woolley Cakesbydesign.com Look at his cutters you may beable to use a narrow petal or leaf cutter for what you are looking for.

weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 30 Sep 2007 , 10:40pm
post #3 of 8

PME makes a single cutter. I dont think Alan at Global has them, but check. I bought mine at...(gasp) Sugarcraft! before they were boycotted by CC members.

maria892 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maria892 Posted 30 Sep 2007 , 10:49pm
post #4 of 8

Hi - can I ask why you would need a single petal cutter?

Just remember I don't know much about flower making and I would just like to know for what purpose would you want to make a flower petal by petal?

Is it easier? or is it because you can design your own flower?

I know you can buy rose cutters as single petals.

I am only just going to attempt to make roses - I have already made the buds and are waiting to be clothed with petals.

Thanks.

steffy8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
steffy8 Posted 30 Sep 2007 , 11:14pm
post #5 of 8

http://www.cakecraftshoppe.com/

Cake Craft Shoppe has lots and lots of cutters and other cool stuff. She stands behind her products, too.

jmt1714 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jmt1714 Posted 1 Oct 2007 , 1:40am
post #6 of 8

? why not just cut a regular daisy and then use your knife to cut each petal off the center?

torki Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
torki Posted 1 Oct 2007 , 12:35pm
post #7 of 8

Hi Maria

i wanted a single cutter so I can wire each petal individually. I have seen them done this way and they look very realistic....but I believe very fiddly as the petals are really delicate.!

I have made roses with both the multi petal cutter and the individual cutters.. After some practice I much prefer the single cutters.

Make sure you post a pic of your roses when they're done!! icon_biggrin.gif

jmt1714 : I was going to use a multi cutter but because they are wired I need to leave a small ridge in the petal.... If I can't get a single I will use a multi and just cut one at a time

Thanx heaps for the info everyone ...I'm about to bust out the visa (again) and do some (more) online shopping....oh what a shame!!! lol

once again thanx everyone!!!
icon_biggrin.gif

maria892 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maria892 Posted 1 Oct 2007 , 9:09pm
post #8 of 8

Thanks Trudi,

I am surprised that you prefer single cutters - I can imagine how fiddly they are being wired separately. When I saw how the roses were made with ONE cutter I was amazed how easy they were to make, yet looked realistic.

I don't know about posting them, I'll see. I'd prefer to post with a a bit of distraction - like a cake and lots and lots of ribbon...LOL

I am a bit busy at the moment, but when things settle down, I'll be able to attempt to finish them. I may even get my mum to make some as therapy icon_wink.gif

Thanks for explaining,

Maria

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%