Whipped Cream Buttercream Frosting

Decorating By kirin1 Updated 30 Sep 2007 , 2:07am by JoAnnB

kirin1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kirin1 Posted 29 Sep 2007 , 11:53pm
post #1 of 2

I made this recipe and frosted my cake. It looks smooth and I do like the taste of this recipe. It seems to remain soft though. I would like to know if it will crust or not?
Part one
1lb powdered sugar
2 1/2 cups criso

Part two
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2 TBSP meringue powder ( add 1 TBSP for additional slight crusting)
1/2 cup BOILING water (less 2 TBSP)
1 TBSP vanilla

part one put in crisco in bowl and gradually add powdered sugar. Beat about 5 minutes until mixture is very creamy and fluffy. set aside.

Part two in a very clean bowl mix dry ingredients. add boiling water and immediately mix on high speed. beat untill stiff peaks form,about 8 minutes. When mixture begins to ger stiff add flavoring

Now comgine both mixtures and beat together for another 8 minutes. When finished, use a rubber spatula to sown beat a little to remove some of the air bubbles. Frosting will be ver ligh and creamy. Cover. DO NOT REFRIGERATE.
The frosting may be kept at room temperature for 3 months. Whip with a spoon each time you use it to reatore fluffness.
icon_smile.gif

1 reply
JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 30 Sep 2007 , 2:07am
post #2 of 2

After some time, it will very lightly crust, but I didn't find that it crusted enough for a paper towel or roller methods. a hot knife works well for smoothing.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%