Help!!! Gumpaste Flowers Are Falling Off!!!!

Decorating By AuntieElle Updated 30 Sep 2007 , 3:22am by AuntieElle

AuntieElle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AuntieElle Posted 29 Sep 2007 , 4:54am
post #1 of 8

Please tell me someone's still up that can help! I'm making a garden themed cake for my niece's Birthday tomorrow. The party is at 10am (who besides my sister does that?) My problem is that my little gumpaste flowers are falling off my cake! My cake is BC as sister doesn't like fondant. I attcahed them with a little buttercream and they are leaping off! What can I do to fix this? TIA

Elle

Oh, this is the style.
LL

7 replies
torki Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
torki Posted 29 Sep 2007 , 5:36am
post #2 of 8

royal icing will hold them on....pipe a dot on back and hold themon for a few secs..job done!!!!

hth

sportsmom005 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sportsmom005 Posted 29 Sep 2007 , 5:47am
post #3 of 8

Beautiful cake! I think royal icing will help.

torki Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
torki Posted 29 Sep 2007 , 6:24am
post #4 of 8

if you are desperate and have no royal.....use white melted choc.

itsasweetthing Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
itsasweetthing Posted 29 Sep 2007 , 6:39am
post #5 of 8

I have used piping gel and it works nicely too! But that was for a fondant covered cake. At this point, why not give it a try??

astridwinther Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
astridwinther Posted 29 Sep 2007 , 6:56am
post #6 of 8

ore put a littel wather in som fondant and use that as glue.... hope you understand my english

AuntieElle Posted 29 Sep 2007 , 11:44am
post #7 of 8

I finally finished it about 30 minutes ago. ARG! That cake was ridiculous and I will NEVER make it again. Tatal PITA in every way! I'll post a pic when I get back up. I have to get in bed. The party is in 3 hours! I should have used a smaller tip for my leaves too but who cares at 7am after being awake for 23 hours? She'll like it or make it herself from now on! Nite nite!

Elle

AuntieElle Posted 30 Sep 2007 , 3:22am
post #8 of 8

Okay! All done, I managed 3 hours of sleep today! My neice loved her cake! She said I was amazing (she's 6). I thought that was so sweet! Thanks for the replies you guys! The finished product is in my gallery, Kaitlyn's cake. It was very loosely based on the fore posted pic! Thanks again!

Elle

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%