Iso Cake Recipe To Go W/ Pumpkin Frosting. Help!

Decorating By Iloveweddings Updated 10 Dec 2006 , 12:13am by Mamas

Iloveweddings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Iloveweddings Posted 1 Dec 2006 , 5:50pm
post #1 of 8

Hi,

My family is not big on spice cake. I am looking for a
cake recipe that would go with pumpkin cream
cheese frosting. I thought some kind of yellow
cake. Anyone have a nice cake recipe to go with this?
Thanks.

7 replies
chelleb1974 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chelleb1974 Posted 1 Dec 2006 , 5:57pm
post #2 of 8

Do they not like the taste of spice cake or just the cake itself? I made a pumpkin spice cake for thanksgiving and we couldn't taste the spice cake in it. I just added a cup of canned pumpkin to a box of spice cake mix.

~Chelle

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 1 Dec 2006 , 6:53pm
post #4 of 8

have you thought about doing the whole white cake with the coffee creamer added?? They have all kinds of flavors....pumpkin spice for one........but even the vanilla/caramel I think is such a nice soft but delicious flavor.......I think it would match absolutely perfectly with pumpkin cream cheese icing...yum-o!!!

Iloveweddings Posted 2 Dec 2006 , 12:41pm
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by KHalstead

have you thought about doing the whole white cake with the coffee creamer added?? They have all kinds of flavors....pumpkin spice for one........but even the vanilla/caramel I think is such a nice soft but delicious flavor.......I think it would match absolutely perfectly with pumpkin cream cheese icing...yum-o!!!

I bought the pumpkin spice creamer and plan to use it in the frosting. I'd like to use it in the cake as well. The cake JanH gave here
http://www.cakecentral.com/cak.....-Cake.html

1 cup (2 sticks) butter, cut into pieces
2 cups sugar
4 large eggs, separated
2 2/3 cups sifted all-purpose flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup milk, heavy or whipping cream, or sour cream
2 tsp. vanilla extract or cognac vanilla

sounds very nice, but where to add creamer. Recipe does not call for any water where could I use creamer instead?????

Thanks.

Mamas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mamas Posted 2 Dec 2006 , 1:06pm
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iloveweddings

sounds very nice, but where to add creamer. Recipe does not call for any water where could I use creamer instead?????

Thanks.

I might substitute some of the milk/sour cream or whatever you decide to use for some of the creamer

Iloveweddings Posted 3 Dec 2006 , 9:48pm
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamas

Quote:

Thanks.

I might substitute some of the milk/sour cream or whatever you decide to use for some of the creamer

I was asking others out there because I am new to cake making and don't feel I know how to safely doctor recipes.

Mamas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mamas Posted 10 Dec 2006 , 12:13am
post #8 of 8
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamas

Quote:

Thanks.

I was asking others out there because I am new to cake making and don't feel I know how to safely doctor recipes.

the recipe calls for either milk or sour cream. I would opt for the sour cream and probably substitute half of it for the creamer. Hope that is clearer.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%