Wolfgang Puck Mixer

Decorating By loree001 Updated 3 Aug 2005 , 5:59pm by infields

loree001 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loree001 Posted 1 Aug 2005 , 10:56am
post #1 of 8

Does anyone have this mixer? I need a new mixer, and I'm trying to decide... Sam's carries this one and it looks very nice. Thought I'd try something different from Kitchenaid, but maybe not, depends on if I can find any consumer info. on this one. Thanks in advance for your help! icon_rolleyes.gif

7 replies
MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 2 Aug 2005 , 8:50pm
post #2 of 8

I did a search and really didn't find many reviews on this mixer..so I don't know if that is good or bad! Personally, I just love my KA!

CIndymm4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CIndymm4 Posted 2 Aug 2005 , 11:26pm
post #3 of 8

I have this mixer and I LOVEit!!!! It has 700 watts of power and it is awesome.....I do use my KA some still but the Wolfgang Puck does the majority of my heavy work like my royal icings, double batches of BC icings and it does double cookie batches without any problems.

loree001 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loree001 Posted 3 Aug 2005 , 12:39am
post #4 of 8

Thank you so much for your replies, I think I'm going to go for it!

bjfranco Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bjfranco Posted 3 Aug 2005 , 4:32am
post #5 of 8

The only thing I was going to say was that I did some research and what made me decide to go with a KA is that you cannot have them repaired like the KA. Also I read something about the paint coming off the paddle; however, they would replace the paddle. I posted about it about 1 month ago on this site. I ended up purchasing a KA about a month ago because Mervyn's had a killer sale for the heavy duty 5 qt for $168 but I was really wanting the WGP one because I have all of his pans and I LOVE them.

bj icon_wink.gif

Lori11941 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lori11941 Posted 3 Aug 2005 , 4:53am
post #6 of 8

Please let us know how you like it if you do buy it. I'm thinking of asking for a stand up mixer for Christmas and we have a Sam's membership. I have the Wolfgang Puck electric griddle/grill and I love it! So I'd be very willing to buy another WGP product.

Thanks

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 3 Aug 2005 , 3:24pm
post #7 of 8

PM boo-boo. She has it & loves it!

infields Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
infields Posted 3 Aug 2005 , 5:59pm
post #8 of 8

I have the mixer from Sam's and I love it too! It works great. I use it for everything. It even mixes MMF without a problem. I don't even have to stop it to scrape the bowl.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%