Elisa Strauss On Paula's Party Tonight

Decorating By aswartzw Updated 29 Sep 2007 , 8:56pm by daisy114

aswartzw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aswartzw Posted 29 Sep 2007 , 1:50am
post #1 of 10

Did anyone see Paula's Party on Food network? Elisa Strauss did a disco cake and disco cupcakes. They are so cute. It's on again tonight at midnight if you're interested.

9 replies
kjgjam22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjgjam22 Posted 29 Sep 2007 , 4:38am
post #2 of 10

i am watching now... i wonder if the recipe is in her book? the people behind them looked bored.

KimAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KimAZ Posted 29 Sep 2007 , 4:53am
post #3 of 10

I'm watching it as I type! Elisa does some awesome cakes. Can you imagine the time she put into that giant disco ball cake? Wonder what the heck THAT cost?!?!

KimAZ

aswartzw Posted 29 Sep 2007 , 4:59pm
post #4 of 10

Maybe the recipe will be uploaded on the Food Network? No recipes have been added yet but maybe it's just slow. I would love to have her chocolate cake recipe although it looks like she uses SMBC. I had to check out her site last night and that's the kind of frosting she had listed. I would love to try the disco cupcakes. (I don't think I've graduated to the disco ball yet icon_lol.gif ). It really didn't look too difficult just time-consuming.

baergarivera Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
baergarivera Posted 29 Sep 2007 , 5:11pm
post #5 of 10

Yes, I wanted it last night and my eyes icon_eek.gif could not belive what i saw. She did said she used BC and that the recipe was on her book just like that pockebook cake omg she is amazing. I call her store in new york she charges 1500 for 5 hours of clases on 1 to 1 i would love to take her class but i cant come up with that type of dough.

Michelle

MariaLovesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MariaLovesCakes Posted 29 Sep 2007 , 5:17pm
post #6 of 10

Thank you. I will recorded and watch it later.

icon_smile.gif

arosstx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
arosstx Posted 29 Sep 2007 , 5:21pm
post #7 of 10

Just to correct some misinformation: (taken from Elisa's website, and also from my friend who just came from taking private lessons with her just last month)
PRIVATE LESSONS:
$800 for one 5-hour class
$1200 for two 5-hour classes (two separate days)

You may share it with a guest for an additional charge of $200 for materials.

elvis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elvis Posted 29 Sep 2007 , 5:32pm
post #8 of 10

I LOVE her work! I'd like her cake recipe too. Those disco ball cupcakes were sooo cute but way too time consuming!! I would want to charge $10 each!

aswartzw Posted 29 Sep 2007 , 8:39pm
post #9 of 10

I was given this url for the cake recipe...

baking911.com/asksarahbb/index.php?&showtopic=3367

daisy114 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daisy114 Posted 29 Sep 2007 , 8:56pm
post #10 of 10

Ok, I want to start off with the fact that I'm not a great baker, but so far I found two of her recipes in this book to be very disappointing. The chocolate cake was sooooooo dry! I swear I could have knocked someone out with it. I followed the directions to the T and couldn't figure out what I did wrong. So I made it again.....still dry.

I would love for someone else to try out the recipe and find out if they had good results. The recipe sound so delicious and I was so looking forward to great results.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%