Cc Cruise, Party, Dinner, Meeting, Etc....

Decorating By jessieb578 Updated 3 Oct 2007 , 5:45pm by lillykaci1

jessieb578 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jessieb578 Posted 28 Sep 2007 , 7:38pm
post #1 of 154

I think considering so many friendships and so many great people are here on this site, that maybe a meeting is in order???

What if we coordinated a CC Cruise, or a CC convention, even a CC dinner?? We could maybe entice some great decorators to join us??

What do you all think?? I'd love to meet you guys and even if we just sit and talk shop, it would be great!

I'll bring the cake icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif

Just thought I'd throw that one out there and see what everyone thinks.

153 replies
Heath Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Heath Posted 28 Sep 2007 , 8:03pm
post #2 of 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessieb578

I think considering so many friendships and so many great people are here on this site, that maybe a meeting is in order???

What if we coordinated a CC Cruise, or a CC convention, even a CC dinner?? We could maybe entice some great decorators to join us??

What do you all think?? I'd love to meet you guys and even if we just sit and talk shop, it would be great!

I'll bring the cake icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif

Just thought I'd throw that one out there and see what everyone thinks.




this project is already in the works here at CC HQ thumbs_up.gif

...sorry can't share any details yet...

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 28 Sep 2007 , 8:46pm
post #3 of 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath

this project is already in the works here at CC HQ thumbs_up.gif

...sorry can't share any details yet...




Wooo-whooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thumbs_up.gif

krazykat_14 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
krazykat_14 Posted 28 Sep 2007 , 8:56pm
post #4 of 154

Woo Hoo from me, too!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Tramski Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tramski Posted 28 Sep 2007 , 8:56pm
post #5 of 154

Oh man now I have to sit here and drool about the idea until the release details

Mencked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mencked Posted 28 Sep 2007 , 9:02pm
post #6 of 154

What a great idea!!!

step0nmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
step0nmi Posted 28 Sep 2007 , 9:03pm
post #7 of 154

YEEEAHHHHH!!!!! YOUR HEARD IF FROM HEATH HIMSELF!!!! GET PLANNIN' LADIES!!!!!!!

COME ON HEATH! CAN YOU GIVE US A TIME FRAME???

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 28 Sep 2007 , 9:06pm
post #8 of 154

I say get Thanh Thanh as one of the demonstrators! I would LUV to meet her and see her in action!

fooby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fooby Posted 28 Sep 2007 , 9:08pm
post #9 of 154

When and where??? I'm there!!!! icon_lol.gif icon_biggrin.gif

tdybear1978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tdybear1978 Posted 28 Sep 2007 , 9:08pm
post #10 of 154

this would just be so awesome!!!

DEBBIE157 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DEBBIE157 Posted 28 Sep 2007 , 9:09pm
post #11 of 154

*I* would be most interested to meet the GREAT and wise IndyDebi !!!


icon_biggrin.gif

Debbie

clsilvus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
clsilvus Posted 28 Sep 2007 , 9:23pm
post #12 of 154

How long are you going to make us wait?!?!


I'm STILL waiting for the special plan from this thread http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=364293&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0
"WHO'S DOING THE CAKE???"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath

you all have inspired Jackie and I to brew up a special plan...

oh yes, this is a teaser... no details yet.... but its a big one icon_evil.gif icon_biggrin.gif thumbs_up.gif


step0nmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
step0nmi Posted 28 Sep 2007 , 9:28pm
post #13 of 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by clsilvus

How long are you going to make us wait?!?!


I'm STILL waiting for the special plan from this thread http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=364293&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0
"WHO'S DOING THE CAKE???"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath

you all have inspired Jackie and I to brew up a special plan...

oh yes, this is a teaser... no details yet.... but its a big one icon_evil.gif icon_biggrin.gif thumbs_up.gif


Yeah! And how long ago was that?? I am just curious if they are really serious about this! icon_lol.gif We ALL ARE! icon_lol.gif

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 28 Sep 2007 , 9:31pm
post #14 of 154

Yeah! so glad to hear that Heath!

Oh maybe the plans from the other thread go along with this thread and we are doing a CC convention with a wedding cake contest and they will get married there?

Oh if it is on the West coast I so want to road trip with Indydebi.

jen1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jen1977 Posted 28 Sep 2007 , 9:36pm
post #15 of 154

What a great idea! Can't wait to hear more!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 28 Sep 2007 , 9:39pm
post #16 of 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by leily



Oh if it is on the West coast I so want to road trip with Indydebi.



I'll pick you up on the way! But I gotta warn ya .... I'm one of those "gotta go RIGHT now!" ladies, so lots of pit stops!" icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif

msamson9 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msamson9 Posted 28 Sep 2007 , 9:40pm
post #17 of 154

I cannot wait til they release details about this. I would love to join everyone and get to know all the CCer's.

Michelle

foots2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foots2 Posted 28 Sep 2007 , 9:46pm
post #18 of 154

Id love to go !!!!!!!!!!!!Just need some notice.....Would love to meet all the great CC'rs who have helped so many people(I dont want to leave anybody out-so Ill forgo the names-You know who you are)

Biya Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Biya Posted 28 Sep 2007 , 9:58pm
post #19 of 154

So excited right now at the prospect of meeting any and all the CC greats, and everyone else who has contributed to make this such a great and highly addictive site. Can't wait hope they do it somewhere near me.

thedessertdiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thedessertdiva Posted 28 Sep 2007 , 10:12pm
post #20 of 154

This, Ladies, is a FABULOUS idea!!

Ok, since many...well almost ALL of us, do not have a photo of ourselves on the forum, we need to either:

1) create a cookie in a design that fits or represents us
2) bring an item that fits or represents us
3) create somekind of T-shirt just for us CC'rs

I have a cafepress.com acct, so I'd be more then happy to create, along with my husband, a special T-shirt that we all can get so we know who the heck each other is...lol. And all proceeds forom the sales of these shirts goes into a FUN NITE kitty for our trip!!

Who's with me gals!!??

DoniB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DoniB Posted 28 Sep 2007 , 10:13pm
post #21 of 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

I say get Thanh Thanh as one of the demonstrators! I would LUV to meet her and see her in action!




I think I'd throw in my left arm (gotta keep the right one for decorating!) to be able to see this lady's work first hand.... she's awesome! And to get to meet other folks, too... that would rock! icon_smile.gif

Cyndi1207 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cyndi1207 Posted 28 Sep 2007 , 10:20pm
post #22 of 154

I'm going to start saving up already. I can't wait!!!

tana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tana Posted 28 Sep 2007 , 10:43pm
post #23 of 154

UUUU UUUU I'm so excited and i just can't hide it!!!!!Can't wait party.gif

mccorda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mccorda Posted 28 Sep 2007 , 10:46pm
post #24 of 154

I think we will need to charter a bus (or Amtrack) from the midwest to the west coast and leave the driving to someone else. We can all visit during the trip out there (plus there would be a bathroom on board)!

Heath Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Heath Posted 28 Sep 2007 , 10:48pm
post #25 of 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedessertdiva

This, Ladies, is a FABULOUS idea!!

Ok, since many...well almost ALL of us, do not have a photo of ourselves on the forum, we need to either:

1) create a cookie in a design that fits or represents us
2) bring an item that fits or represents us
3) create somekind of T-shirt just for us CC'rs

I have a cafepress.com acct, so I'd be more then happy to create, along with my husband, a special T-shirt that we all can get so we know who the heck each other is...lol. And all proceeds forom the sales of these shirts goes into a FUN NITE kitty for our trip!!

Who's with me gals!!??




Cake Central has our own company for making shirts, so please do not create anything via cafepress.

I mean, you can of course use cafepress to make whatever cake shirts you want, just please do not create anything with the CakeCentral name attached or implied.

We will of course create shirts for this event and begin selling them once details are made public.

thedessertdiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thedessertdiva Posted 28 Sep 2007 , 10:50pm
post #26 of 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath



We will of course create shirts for this event and begin selling them once details are made public.




Yeah!!!! I bet yours will be WAY cuter!!!! icon_razz.gif

Carolynlovescake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carolynlovescake Posted 28 Sep 2007 , 11:14pm
post #27 of 154

Heath,

Oegon is lovely year around for just such an event! icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif

/hint hint

thedessertdiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thedessertdiva Posted 29 Sep 2007 , 12:03am
post #28 of 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynGwen

Heath,

Oegon is lovely year around for just such an event! icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif

/hint hint




I, too, an Oregonian...SECOND that...Specially the coastal area...

icon_lol.gif icon_wink.gif

clsilvus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
clsilvus Posted 29 Sep 2007 , 12:04am
post #29 of 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynGwen

Heath,

Oegon is lovely year around for just such an event! icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif

/hint hint




I totally agree icon_wink.gif Oregon is a great place!

Of course I'd drive anywhere close enough for such a great opportunity. Everything else is usually too far away I thought I'd never get a chance to meet anyone icon_cry.gif

superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 29 Sep 2007 , 1:11am
post #30 of 154

I do hope I will be able to go, it will be wonderful. There are a lot of wonderful decoraters on this site that I would love to see in action. Looking forward to learning more. Poor Heath is going to be bombarded with questions.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%