Cookie Club - December Theme

Baking By bonniebakes Updated 30 Dec 2006 , 7:33pm by bonniebakes

bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Posted 1 Dec 2006 , 1:45am
post #1 of 95

Hello cookie makers!

The December theme is December. Any holiday, activity, weather, celebration, etc. if it happens in December, its fine! If the reason behind your cookie isnt obvious, please tell us about it!

Just to refresh your memory, here are the "guidelines" for the cookie club posts (from Cake_Princess' original post):

* The group decided that all pictures must be new pictures (and new cookies). Meaning if you have a previous group of cookies already in your album (or in the forum) even if it depicts the theme you cannot use it. The idea of the monthly theme is to get our creative juices/new ideas flowing.

* Please do not post monthly theme cookies to your personal album or cookie Gallery until after the monthly theme has expired. The reason for this is that as a group we all decided each picture must be new and not previously uploaded to the Galleries. Seeing that we have no way of knowing when pictures were uploaded this will help to prevent any squabbles about people using previously uploaded pictures.

* You can use any medium to decorate your cookies - fondant, royal icing, butter cream etc. The only stipulation is it has to be a medium used in cookie or cake decorating. So no play doh!! Please let us know which medium you used to decorate your Cookies and any techniques that you used.

* Please post pictures in this thread (Do not create a separate thread for your pictures). Please only post a maximum of 3 pictures per person for the monthly theme. You may however use graphics programs to create ONE collage of different pictures/angles.

* In your post please let us know why you chose the design you did if the reason is not obvious. (For Example if the theme was Music and you made ghost cookies then let us know the connection. Ghost = Phantom and Phantom of the opera relates to music).

Happy December!!

94 replies
Yjudania Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Yjudania Posted 1 Dec 2006 , 3:09pm
post #2 of 95

Wow, do I get to be 1st!! I had leftover dough so I made cookies for the kids and I just finished these up. I can't wait for Christmas!!!!

These are NFSC with Toba Glace and MMF for decorations. Thanks for looking!!
LL
LL
LL

momsandraven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momsandraven Posted 1 Dec 2006 , 5:17pm
post #3 of 95

They look great Yjudania! I wish I didn't have so many cake orders due this weekend, I'm in the cookie bakin' mood now!!

CupCake13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CupCake13 Posted 1 Dec 2006 , 8:23pm
post #4 of 95

Very cute! I think I'll try and join in on this challenge this month.

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 1 Dec 2006 , 8:35pm
post #5 of 95

I gotta try that icing someday......it looks so beautiful!!! Those cookies are awesome!

yummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummy Posted 2 Dec 2006 , 1:43am
post #6 of 95

When is the deadline? I will be trying cookie bouquets for the first time, and if the come out the way I visualize I would like to enter.

McMama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
McMama Posted 2 Dec 2006 , 3:09am
post #7 of 95

Wow Yjudania, you did a great job! I love the snowmen's little faces. Just too cute. You have inspired me. I'll be baking this weekend!

bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Posted 2 Dec 2006 , 8:51pm
post #8 of 95

Yjudania - Great cookies!! I'm definitely inspired now!

Yummy - this thread is a "club" not a contest. As long as you post during the month of December, the theme is the same. The theme changes each month.
Hope you join us!

babynewyear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
babynewyear Posted 4 Dec 2006 , 1:06pm
post #9 of 95

Yjudania
Wonderful job! I love how your colors on the snow men go with the trees ,the matched set look. The faces are really cute too. thumbs_up.gif

lacie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lacie Posted 4 Dec 2006 , 3:03pm
post #10 of 95

i made 31 of these for a client who is using them as her gift tags. hair was colored to match the recipient even made a few with out hair for those that are hair challenged. i think i need to find a better camera, i seem to lose a lot of the details in my pics.
LL

momsandraven Posted 4 Dec 2006 , 4:26pm
post #11 of 95

Those are adorable lacie!! I love your font! icon_smile.gif Try taking a picture of your cookies on a different background, like something tan if you have it. It is hard for a camera sensor to register all of the white w/out losing details in the brightness. HTH!

DeKoekjesfee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeKoekjesfee Posted 4 Dec 2006 , 9:25pm
post #12 of 95

here in Belgium (europe) we celebrate on the sixth of december saint nicholas.
Its almost like santa claus. Yhe children have to set a plate withe sugar and carrots for his white horse and something to drink for them.
And when they wake up there are lots of toys and sweets !
Here are the cookies

momsandraven Posted 4 Dec 2006 , 10:05pm
post #13 of 95

WOW! Karentje, I LOVE your Saint Nicholas cookies! The gingerbread men are awesome too, but the Saint Nicholas ones are my favorites. icon_biggrin.gif Thanks for posting!

tracy702 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracy702 Posted 4 Dec 2006 , 10:11pm
post #14 of 95

Karentje - I love your St Nicholas cookies. Your handwriting is perfect. LOVE IT!!! LOVE IT!!!!

DeKoekjesfee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeKoekjesfee Posted 4 Dec 2006 , 10:14pm
post #15 of 95

thank you !!! The gingerbread men are "black peters" They deliver the presents on the roof through the chimney with the saint nicolas. And they make the toys. It is a kind like the elves.

Yjudania Posted 4 Dec 2006 , 11:02pm
post #16 of 95

I love this cookie club! You get so many different cookies for one theme!

Lacie- You did a great job! Is that fondant with royal details?

Karentje- Thanks for sharing about the belgium holiday! That is very interesting. Love the cookies!

Thanks to all that said lovely things about my cookies!

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 5 Dec 2006 , 3:30am
post #17 of 95

Well, mine aren't too special but they're the best I've done. At least they are beginning to look the way I want them to...
LL

babynewyear Posted 5 Dec 2006 , 12:47pm
post #18 of 95

lacie
Wonderful angels, lots of nice details. I like the wings.
karentje
Its so nice to see your Christmas traditions. I forgot all about black peter. Is he the one who takes bad children away? I remember reading something to my kids when they were little about black peter but wasnt sure. You did a great job on both of them.

McMama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
McMama Posted 5 Dec 2006 , 4:42pm
post #19 of 95

7yyrt - I love your cookies. They are very creative. Also love your little baskets you have them in. Great job!

Yjudania Posted 5 Dec 2006 , 7:51pm
post #20 of 95

Zyrrt,
I love the cookies! Are they gingerbread? They remind me of Christmas and gingerbread cookies of past...Boy, I love this time of year!!!

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 5 Dec 2006 , 8:40pm
post #21 of 95

Thanks! They are Amy's (okieinalaska) soft gingerbread cookies from this thread:
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-49970.html
They taste and smell like the ones my Grandmother used to make when I was a kid. I made the curly hair on them just the way she used to...

bakincakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakincakin Posted 5 Dec 2006 , 8:48pm
post #22 of 95

Karentje....Beautiful cookies. Wish I had that talent thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

babynewyear Posted 5 Dec 2006 , 10:53pm
post #23 of 95

7yyrt
Very cute cookie people and your ginger bread sounds absolutely delicious! icon_smile.gif

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 6 Dec 2006 , 4:01am
post #24 of 95

I love this time of year... and I love cookies!! Yay for cookies!!
LL

babynewyear Posted 6 Dec 2006 , 12:26pm
post #25 of 95

Melvira
Great 3d affect on your tree! I would have never thought of that. thumbs_up.gif

BarbaraK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BarbaraK Posted 6 Dec 2006 , 12:45pm
post #26 of 95

Melvira - I love your christmas tree. I started cookie making and decorating in October and am always on the lookout for new ideas. Hope you dopn't mind if I copy yours (won't look as good though!)>

Barbara

Jenn123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenn123 Posted 6 Dec 2006 , 12:59pm
post #27 of 95

I'm just getting started in cookies. They are fun. This is sugar cookies with royal icing for a children's party.
LL

babynewyear Posted 6 Dec 2006 , 1:16pm
post #28 of 95

Jenn123
Great variety! Looks like you spent alot of time filling Santas bag and decking out that tree. I always go nuts with if I do alot of colors.
Cant wait to see more. icon_biggrin.gif

Jenn123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenn123 Posted 6 Dec 2006 , 1:52pm
post #29 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by babynewyear

Jenn123
Great variety! Looks like you spent alot of time filling Santas bag and decking out that tree. I always go nuts with if I do alot of colors.
Cant wait to see more. icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks but it's just a dash of sprinkles!

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 6 Dec 2006 , 1:55pm
post #30 of 95

BarbaraK, help yourself!! I used tip 104 and just did tight ruffles. I just like the look it gives it! I don't like the tast of royal icing or color flow, so I use BC on my cookies, that makes it possible to do the 3-D effect, but you have to be a little more careful with the finished product, it doesn't dry as hard!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%