Butter Cream Transfer

Decorating By bernie631 Updated 5 Aug 2005 , 12:16pm by NottawaChelle

bernie631 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bernie631 Posted 1 Aug 2005 , 3:30am
post #1 of 7

can anyone help me?? I tried making the tranfer but when I tried to take it off it would not come off only half did. Does the frosting have to be thick or is there a trick to doing it.
thanks in advance bernie631

6 replies
littlebubbieschocolates Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlebubbieschocolates Posted 1 Aug 2005 , 12:49pm
post #2 of 7

if you put it in the freezer for alittle bit it will peel right off icon_smile.gif give it an hr or 2.. ill see if i cant find the link icon_biggrin.gifhttp://www.cakecentral.com/article12.html

crouton800 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crouton800 Posted 2 Aug 2005 , 6:13am
post #3 of 7

Hi!
I've just tried a BCT and i had a lot of air trapped in it...does it help if the buttercream is on the softer side then it can harden in the freezer?? when i press the BC down to get rid of the air bubbles, i seem to also smuge the outline. icon_sad.gif usually how long can one put it in the freezer for...can i leave it in a airtight container in the freezer for 3 days?
thanks in advance!

fytar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fytar Posted 4 Aug 2005 , 8:00pm
post #4 of 7

i saw a wiggles cake in the birthday photo gallery that stated it was a bct but you couldn't tell because it wasn't thick like it had been laid on top of the cake. it looked more like it was traced onto the cake or even an edible image. my first and only so far was very thick and i had to add a border around the edges to get it to blend onto the top of the cake a little better. i guess it was thick because i went back over the whole picture with a coat of buttercream after i let it sit in the freezer for a few minutes to harden. do you thin the bc down with corn syrup a pretty good bit after you get your outlines and details traced? can you thin with water as well, or will that change the consistency too much?

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 5 Aug 2005 , 4:44am
post #5 of 7

When I do FBCT I use only medium consistency BC. If you use thick BC it will always stick to the wax paper. I use a tip # 2 or 3 to make the outline. I use tip #2 or 3 to fill the BCT in. After you finish filling you BCT in dip your finger in cornstarch & lightly push the BCT to make it all even. If you push to hard the outline will smear. So don't push too hard. After you do the cornstarch thing you cover the BCT with medium BC again. Use the cornstarch on finger & lightly smooth the BC. Then I usually go over it again w/ another coat of BC. Then pop it in the freezer. I let it stay in the freezer for way more then 2 hours. You could even keep it in over night. The minute you take it out of the freezer you will have to work fast because it will melt fast. After you finished decorating the cake, put it in the icebox just to insure that the BCT stays cool. An hour before you need to deliver the cake take it out of the icebox. Tcrema taught me how to do FBCT & I love doing them!! HOpe I could help~

BigEasyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BigEasyCakes Posted 5 Aug 2005 , 6:34am
post #6 of 7

TC...you always give the best advice...hugz

NottawaChelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NottawaChelle Posted 5 Aug 2005 , 12:16pm
post #7 of 7

TC, Thanks for the tips, but why does the BCT need to stay cool? Won't it crust over like the rest of the cake? What do you thin your icing with? So many questions, and so much to learn!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%