Any Words Of Wisdom?

Decorating By GrannieJ Updated 1 Dec 2006 , 3:52am by Doug

GrannieJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GrannieJ Posted 30 Nov 2006 , 10:39pm
post #1 of 9

Three weeks ago my entire family got hit with a flu that landed 3 out of 5 of us in the ER. I was in the hospital for 3 nights and never so sick in all my life. We are all better now, and my issue is this... just the idea of baking a cake... well, I just can't do it. Any ideas of how to get back my "normal" self!?! Help... I used to live to make a cake...any one out there with any thoughts?

8 replies
kjgjam22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjgjam22 Posted 30 Nov 2006 , 11:06pm
post #2 of 9

give it a break for a bit....when you want to you will.
glad to know you are all fine.

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 30 Nov 2006 , 11:13pm
post #3 of 9

I like the idea of giving it time. After an illness your body needs lots more time to fully recover than most realize. just rest up and when you get hungry for cake then you can get your bake on!

nefgaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nefgaby Posted 30 Nov 2006 , 11:16pm
post #4 of 9

Glad to hear you are feeling better and sorry to hear you ended up in the ER icon_sad.gif Take your time and you'll be back to your normal you before you know! icon_biggrin.gif icon_biggrin.gif icon_biggrin.gif

GrannieJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GrannieJ Posted 1 Dec 2006 , 12:07am
post #5 of 9

Thank you all, everyone here is just so nice! I love the support I feel from everyone. Thanks again.

good36 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
good36 Posted 1 Dec 2006 , 12:14am
post #6 of 9

Oh Grannie you must have been sick!! They don't keep you in the hospital at all anymore unless you are very ill. Give your self time to heal. You have alot of energy to get back. It could take several months.
Best wishes for a speedy recovery
Judy

KylesMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KylesMom Posted 1 Dec 2006 , 12:16am
post #7 of 9

I'm glad to hear that everyone is well again! Be sure to get plenty of rest and extra doses of CC and you'll be back to your old self in no time! icon_smile.gif

SwampWitch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SwampWitch Posted 1 Dec 2006 , 3:20am
post #8 of 9

I have a difficult time being around anything sugary before, during, and after being sick. I think the cause might be since refined sugar lowers the immune response, the body naturally rejects it to get better (my body does, anyway). I'm sure you'll be fine again when you are completely well.

Cheers, from
SwampWitch

p.s. One can of soda pop will lower your immune response by 40-80% for six hours!

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 1 Dec 2006 , 3:52am
post #9 of 9

let's see....

3 days in hospital....where you really can't rest or sleep well...where they basically get you back in good enough shape to go home and truly, fully recover...

so that's worth at least 3 WEEKS of R&R....so...hmmm...about december 26 you should be ready to bake again....

of course...you'll just be starting another stretch of r&r to get over christmas....and then more to get over new year's ....so what we're up to feb. now?

(singing gently, softly) --- go to sleep, nighty, nighty....its time for sweet dreams....

rest up and enjoy the holidays! and soon those visions of sugar plums will be transforming themselves into beautiful cakes again.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%