2/3 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 large egg
2 Tbsp extra-strong coffee or chocolate liqueur
1/2 cup cocoa powder
3 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt

My question is....would it be okay to take out the coffee/chocolate liqueur? Also, have you tried to double or triple the recipe? If so, what would be the changes? Thanks!

9 replies
lovely Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lovely Posted 28 Sep 2007 , 9:15am
post #2 of 10

I love that recipe but the first batch I made with the coffee I didn't like. Everyone else didn't mind them but the next lot etc... I made I made a little thing of cocoaand a bit of water and a quarter cup of melted chocolate.
So now I omit the coffee and add chocolate but I'm sure you could add creamer like irish cream or french vanilla. I always get bagged out for just guessing some things but cookies and cakes I always write what I've done differently. icon_lol.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 28 Sep 2007 , 3:02pm
post #3 of 10

I think it is your choice of the chocolate liquer or some extra-strong coffee. That's what I did, anyway. I ran the last cup of coffee back through the machine a couple of times. Worked just fine.

cookiemookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookiemookie Posted 28 Sep 2007 , 3:14pm
post #4 of 10

I double this recipe all the time. It fits perfectly in the KA pro 6.

I have made this all ways with coffee, creme de caco, and if I don't use those I use vanilla extract. Vanilla and chocote go perfect together. Just think of when you make brownies. There is always vanilla in there.

Happy baking! icon_biggrin.gif

grumpyx07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grumpyx07 Posted 13 Oct 2007 , 9:31am
post #5 of 10

Sooo, I tried the recipe and I love the cookies ...especially warm.

The thing is, I think they taste horrible with royal icing. Any ideas on what would taste better?

Ursula40 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ursula40 Posted 14 Oct 2007 , 3:38am
post #6 of 10

I think you would have to put vanilla flavouring into the royal. The cream of tartar is acidic, and doesn't really work with choc, I'd expect. The royal probably would take longer to harden without it though. Perhaps a little less of the tarter and add some vanilla into it

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 14 Oct 2007 , 4:31am
post #7 of 10

I have used both a peppermint buttercream and a peanut butter buttercream. I'm not sure if I used a chocolate one, or just thought about it...

lovely Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lovely Posted 15 Oct 2007 , 11:38pm
post #8 of 10

Hello,

I think Karens meringue powder buttercream tastes lovely on the chocolate cookies.

Here's the link. http://www.karenscakes.com/cookies/recipes_cuticing.htm

She has some awsome stuff on her website and she's a member of CC.

Cheers

Leigh

crazy4sugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crazy4sugar Posted 16 Oct 2007 , 3:51pm
post #9 of 10

Thanks, Leigh! Does Karen's bc set hard enough to stack or bag the cookies? I'd like to try it but I'm worried that it'll be too soft.

MaryAnn

mama5kiddos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mama5kiddos Posted 20 Oct 2007 , 1:20pm
post #10 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4sugar

Thanks, Leigh! Does Karen's bc set hard enough to stack or bag the cookies? I'd like to try it but I'm worried that it'll be too soft.

MaryAnn

Yes it does! I only use her recipe and I make sure to let my cookies sit out for a full day to harden a little before packaging them. Sometimes I might add a little more (1 extra Tbsp) Meringue powder JUST to be sure if it has alot of detail to it.
HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%