Christmas Cupcake Ideas

Decorating By Delish-Design Updated 1 Dec 2006 , 7:18pm by chelleb1974

Delish-Design Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Delish-Design Posted 30 Nov 2006 , 7:29pm
post #1 of 15

My MIL has asked me to make her some cupcakes for her company party.
I can only think of really plain ideas.
I was hoping that someone could toss some idead this way...Plus I've been looking at some of the geatest cupcakes today icon_eek.gif (http://www.flickr.com/sgcupcake_momma/photos/)

14 replies
Delish-Design Posted 30 Nov 2006 , 7:32pm
post #2 of 15

Sorry, I was typing in the link wrong...I want y'all to see these things! They are amazing!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sgcupcake_momma/

Delish-Design Posted 30 Nov 2006 , 7:49pm
post #3 of 15

I'm begging y'all for some help...
as much talent as there is on this sight at any given time, I know you have ideas....

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE icon_cry.gif

dianagreen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dianagreen Posted 30 Nov 2006 , 7:52pm
post #4 of 15

what about those ornament cupcakes or make snowflakes?

jovigirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jovigirl Posted 30 Nov 2006 , 7:56pm
post #5 of 15

There is a poinsettia cupcake in my photos... They are simple, delicious & look great together. Hope you find what you are looking for thumbs_up.gif

awolf24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
awolf24 Posted 30 Nov 2006 , 7:57pm
post #6 of 15

What about a nice big red pointsettia on each one? I was thinking of making those myself this year.

Delish-Design Posted 30 Nov 2006 , 8:01pm
post #7 of 15

Good ideas, I want something that's simple, but still very festive.

Anyone else have ideas?

imartsy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imartsy Posted 30 Nov 2006 , 8:05pm
post #8 of 15

I think those ideas on the link you sent are cute. There's also a cupcake tree and wreath that someone did on here - search for those words in the gallery. I can't remember who right now!

I made cupcakes last night and the design changed about a thousand times (on my part). I wanted to make a christmas tree shaped cupcake cake and then I didn't have enough room on the table where they will be for the party. So my mom bought the Christmas tree cake stand from Wilton (cute by the way). So then I thought I'd do peppermint looking ones b/c the woman's table is decorated red & white (oh by the way this is for a Christmas tea at our church - people decorate the tables, crafts are sold, tea is drunk, and there's a guest speaker). Well I tried striping the bag, I tried using two bags (one of red, one of white) inside of a bag - nothing was making these things look like peppermints. I finally kinda gave up.

BUT I made a bunch of mini cupcakes look like ornaments and they turned out pretty cute. I'd upload the pic for you but we can't get our digital camera to work b/c we cant' find the charger for it! icon_sad.gif I have two cakes to upload and I can't do it icon_sad.gif

Anyway - those are some ideas - hope that's more help then just a big 'ole rant about my troubles icon_smile.gif Oh - Wilton has some cute ideas on their website too - or check out Christmas cupcakes in the gallery here icon_smile.gif

tinabee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
baker2699 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
baker2699 Posted 1 Dec 2006 , 12:52am
post #10 of 15

I love how they are called "Cuppies" icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Kate714 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kate714 Posted 1 Dec 2006 , 1:05am
post #11 of 15

I'm doing several different ones this weekend. I'm going to try the ornament cupcakes, but the others are all pretty simple.

I used a snowflake cutter to make a fondant snowflake, then piped a snowflake over that in RI...dusted with silver luster dust.

Used a holly leaf cutter, to make leaves, red fondant berries.

Cut squares out of fondant and will pipe BC bows on them.

BC pointsettias.

Fondant snowmen or Christmas trees with the smaller cutters, then decorate with BC.

Have fun!

meghanb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
meghanb Posted 1 Dec 2006 , 5:58pm
post #12 of 15

Did you find the post about the wreath cupcakes? I am so tempted to do that one, very simple but so cool!
I can't find the link right now, but I will keep checking!

BTW, thanks for the link to that website, those cupcakes are AWESOME.

Phyllis52 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Phyllis52 Posted 1 Dec 2006 , 6:08pm
post #13 of 15

jovigirl -

Your poinsettia cupcakes are just beautiful! If you don't mind, could you explain how you make them?

Thanks,
Phyllis

meghanb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
meghanb Posted 1 Dec 2006 , 7:14pm
post #14 of 15

Silly me, it was on the Wilton site.
Here is the link:
http://www.wilton.com/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=5&threadid=97411

chelleb1974 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chelleb1974 Posted 1 Dec 2006 , 7:18pm
post #15 of 15

Look on Wilton.com at their decorating techniques - they have some cute things you can pipe directly onto the cupcakes!!

Reindeer, santa, snowman

You could also do a wreath, tree, or candy canes

HTH,
Chelle

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%