Kitchenaid Names

Decorating By 4dollars Updated 12 May 2016 , 1:14am by AncientQueen

4dollars Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4dollars Posted 30 Nov 2006 , 5:01pm
post #1 of 16

This may sound silly, but I want to name my Kitchen aid. It's a artisian and is black. Has anyone else named their "baby"?

What would be a good one?

15 replies
cakemommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemommy Posted 30 Nov 2006 , 5:04pm
post #2 of 16

I have never even considered naming mine. I have a white 6 qt. Professional! My little R2D2!!!! icon_confused.gificon_confused.gificon_confused.gif I don't know, maybe if I put some blue and silver stickers on it it might look more like R2D2!!!

This will be fun to see what others will come up with! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

Amy

DisneyDreamer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DisneyDreamer Posted 30 Nov 2006 , 5:13pm
post #3 of 16

i do icon_redface.gif the mixer i have now is named Tim Finnegan and the mixer i want i am going to name Darcy so i am right there with you hehehehe icon_redface.gificon_redface.gif Finnegan came from my one of my fave bands the Dropkick Murphys they cover the song Finnegan's wake (and my poor mixer just when i think its about seen its last batch "Tim revives see how he rises") and Darcy is a song of there's (Darcy, Darcy darling dear,
You left me dying, crying there In whiskey, gin, and pints of beer I fell for you my darling dear)! I am very proud of my Irish Heritage icon_lol.gif if you couldn't tell!!

subaru Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
subaru Posted 30 Nov 2006 , 5:58pm
post #4 of 16

Bertha? It's a good strong name, just like her. She must like her name, she doesn't seem to make a lot of racket about it!

nglez09 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nglez09 Posted 30 Nov 2006 , 6:03pm
post #5 of 16

Olga. icon_twisted.gif

Chef_Stef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chef_Stef Posted 30 Nov 2006 , 6:09pm
post #6 of 16

I have two, and I think of them as Little Brother (5-qt Artisan) and Big Brother (red 6-qt Pro) icon_smile.gif

barbara-ann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
barbara-ann Posted 30 Nov 2006 , 6:53pm
post #7 of 16

Mine red one is named "KAM". A lady that I work with gave me a white one, so I will have to name her too!.
Sometimes I will be talking about "KAM" and my family will know who I'm talking about, but I have to explain to the others who "KAM" is.

I think sometimes my family thinks i'm...crazy, but wait till I tell them I'm not the only one to name them.

modthyrth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
modthyrth Posted 30 Nov 2006 , 9:22pm
post #8 of 16

Mine is named Berta--after my grandmother, who was a professional cake decorator, and the original owner of my kitchenaid.

My friend's is named Squishy (as in "and I shall call you 'Squishy' and you shall be mine." from Finding Nemo).

Things need names. How else can you negotiate with them when they give you grief? I'm convinced that's why my sewing machine hates me, because I haven't named it. icon_wink.gif

missyv110 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missyv110 Posted 30 Nov 2006 , 10:11pm
post #9 of 16

This is a very funny topic.

I JUST brought home my new stand mixer (not a KA, but within my budget and spiffy enough for a newbie).

Her name is Bessie. She is no-nonsense but sturdy; she has a fat, round, comfortable bowl. She just LOOKS like a "Bessie. "

Ahhh, it's good to know we're all a little nutty.
birthday.gif

jackie64 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jackie64 Posted 30 Nov 2006 , 10:14pm
post #10 of 16

I have the 6 quart one in Red her name is Josie icon_lol.gif

birdgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
birdgirl Posted 30 Nov 2006 , 10:21pm
post #11 of 16

"Rocky" since it likes to rock side to side when mixing no fail dough. icon_biggrin.gif

lilthorner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilthorner Posted 30 Nov 2006 , 10:26pm
post #12 of 16

i call mine Chromy... it is the silver one from costco

Chef_Stef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chef_Stef Posted 30 Nov 2006 , 10:35pm
post #13 of 16

too funny. My mom names all of her cars, but I never name anything, except as above.

I do, however, sometimes CALL my appliances various names, which is a whole other topic and probably not appropriate at this hour. LOL

Janette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Janette Posted 30 Nov 2006 , 10:36pm
post #14 of 16

Oh dear, someone has taken Bertha and Bessie I will do with Dee
for
Deeeependable!

vww104 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vww104 Posted 30 Nov 2006 , 11:33pm
post #15 of 16

Her name is Kay (her initials...K.A.)

I also name my cars.

AncientQueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AncientQueen Posted 12 May 2016 , 1:14am
post #16 of 16

I just upgraded from a Cuisinart stand mixer to the KitchenAid Pro 700 and the minute we took it out of the box I said Glamour Puss.  No idea where that name came from but it seems to suit the mixer.  Works great and looks gorgeous.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%