Totm October Ideas

Decorating By Melvira Updated 30 Sep 2007 , 2:55am by Melvira

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 28 Sep 2007 , 12:02am
post #1 of 12

Ladies and gents, we are staring down the barrell of October here. WHAT are we going to do?!? Ok, calm the hysterics... I'm referring simply to what THEME we would like for October. Now... I know you are going to be tempted to jump on the Halloween bandwagon, and since I'm a complete Halloween lover, I am tempted to let you. HOWEVER, since we are trying to branch out, I'm going to veto it.

That will not stop me from making the suggestion of...

*************Dark and Mysterious*****************

Like the Mistress of Dark Chocolate herself!

You think you got somethin' better baby? BRING IT! icon_wink.gif

I can't wait to hear what wild and wacky things we come up with this month. Always keep 'em guessing... that's my motto!

11 replies
Teekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teekakes Posted 28 Sep 2007 , 12:08am
post #2 of 12

Well Mel you sure through a wrench in the October theme! NO halloween! icon_surprised.gificon_lol.gif I think that is just grand but my brain does not!

What about...............October Fest? As in a fall festival theme. Lots and lots of places all across the country have fall festivals and they are mostly in October. There's my two cents and 1/10th of a brains worth!

celosita002 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
celosita002 Posted 28 Sep 2007 , 1:07pm
post #3 of 12

How about ***********Transportation**********

or **********Food**************

Ok I'll admit the two October cakes I have planned will fall into those categories. icon_smile.gif

gina1221 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gina1221 Posted 28 Sep 2007 , 3:20pm
post #4 of 12

I'll second...

*****Dark and Mysterious*****

and add...

*****"Falling" in Love*****

Now to get to work on my 'HOME' submission... nothing like waiting for the last minute. icon_surprised.gif

jenlg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenlg Posted 28 Sep 2007 , 3:42pm
post #5 of 12

I was thinking along the same line as gina actually. The love first and then something just weird or srange. Guess the evil is wanting to come out!!

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 28 Sep 2007 , 4:03pm
post #6 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by gina1221

Now to get to work on my 'HOME' submission... nothing like waiting for the last minute. icon_surprised.gif

Don't feel bad, we've been working on our house so I haven't done anything in 2 months. icon_redface.gif

I like
*******dark and mysterious*******
and
*******transportation********

MahalKita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MahalKita Posted 28 Sep 2007 , 4:54pm
post #7 of 12

I really like the "FALLing in Love" idea too cute. Or what about anything & everything ORANGE. I like the dark & mysterious too. thumbs_up.gif

nanahaley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nanahaley Posted 28 Sep 2007 , 5:05pm
post #8 of 12

I like the ******FOOD******** idea also. October always reminds me of pumpkins and bobbing for apples or caramel apples or apple cider. HMMM, maybe I should just have said apples!!!

NancysFancy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NancysFancy Posted 28 Sep 2007 , 9:27pm
post #9 of 12

Well, you'd think that since Melvira and I just finished our dark and mysterious cookie cake---we'd want to move on. NO WAY!!!! I've got plenty more "dark" thoughts to express (in pastry!) Apparently, so does Melvira!!!

So my vote is for**********Dark and Mysterious*************

Oh, and I apologize for being cheeky and bold and VERY LATE with my Sept. "HOME" entry, but I just posted it if you care to look. Thanks

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopicp-5468143.html#5468143

Teekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teekakes Posted 28 Sep 2007 , 11:01pm
post #10 of 12

Nancy, your September theme is awesome! Please explain more about the Buffalo scene. The clouds, the grass, ets......That is gorgeous!

luv2bak4myboys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2bak4myboys Posted 29 Sep 2007 , 5:46pm
post #11 of 12

I vote for ****ORANGE*****. This is my first TOTM vote. Hope to be able to submit, too! We're going ot FL this month for a week and have my 1 year old son's b-day party, so it will be a busy one. He's having a pumpkin party! Love the orange! Feeling blessed to be on CC with all of you who have such talents. Hoping to learn a little from you all!

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 30 Sep 2007 , 2:55am
post #12 of 12

Ok, here's the poll thread! Cast your vote, then start your ovens!! icon_wink.gif

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopicp-5483723.html#5483723

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%