Which Tip Was Used On These Cupcakes?

Decorating By missyv110 Updated 5 Dec 2006 , 12:02pm by missyv110

nefgaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nefgaby Posted 30 Nov 2006 , 7:42pm
post #61 of 82

Thanks CoolMom for the info on the cups and baking. And Daltonam, what a great link to eBay, will check his store, hope they ship to the US!
Thanks ladies!

pinkorchid50 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkorchid50 Posted 30 Nov 2006 , 7:49pm
post #62 of 82

icon_smile.gif Those are pretty, but I still like these by Magnolia Bakery in NYC...
LL

seagoat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
seagoat Posted 30 Nov 2006 , 8:05pm
post #63 of 82

this link is for the people in the western seaboard..

You can buy here at wholesale prices!!! A major plus! To find the store near you

http://profiles.ocregister.com/smartandfinal

daltonam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daltonam Posted 1 Dec 2006 , 3:29am
post #64 of 82

HEY
LOOK LOOK LOOK

http://beryls.safeshopper.com/278/cat278.htm?779

scroll down & lookie lookie

getting closer icon_lol.gif

MsAshlay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MsAshlay Posted 1 Dec 2006 , 4:01am
post #65 of 82

These are pretty but so expensive!

http://www.traylorpapers.com/cuwr.html

CupcakeMomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CupcakeMomma Posted 4 Dec 2006 , 9:17am
post #66 of 82

Hi everyone!

Thank you for visiting my cupcake album and I'm so sorry for the late reply. I didn't know there's a thread asking me question until someone pointed it out to me. I've been busy for the past few days and only today managed to find time to do other things than baking, frosting and packing icon_razz.gif

The round tip that I'm using is 2A, you might try coupler if you can't find tip 2A. Bearing in mind that the baking cups that I'm using is only 5cm in diameter (sorry, don't know what's that in inches) so I don't quite like using the large rounded tips.

As for my baking cups, they are from a company called Solo cups who supply pleated drinking cups. I don't liase with them directly as I get my baking cups from my local bakery supplier. I believed you can try at ebay as I saw one seller who supplies Solo pleated cups.

Feel free in adding me to msn, pm's are always welcome icon_smile.gif

missyv110 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missyv110 Posted 4 Dec 2006 , 10:46am
post #67 of 82

Trish, it's really you, my cupcake hero!! Thanks for all of the info, I think you have many fans on this site. Me for SURE.

1 inch = 2.55 centimeters so your cups would be roughly 2 inches. Thanks, I'm going to see what I get get in terms of Solo cups here in Canada. thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

THANKS for replying, and especially for all of your amazing and inspiring work.

I'm fast becoming a cupcake fanatic, love to make them, decorate them eat them, give them..........

Maureen in Toronto

CupcakeMomma Posted 4 Dec 2006 , 11:39am
post #68 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladivacrj

I love her cupcakes, they are so cute.

But just wondering if anyone has PM'd her about the star liners? I really don't want to bother her if someone else has already asked.

Thanks

If you can't get it there (States or Canada) and you really want them, I'll see what I can do about shipping them to you although I think the cost will be quite expensive.

CupcakeMomma Posted 4 Dec 2006 , 11:49am
post #69 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by missyv110

I admired the styrofoam packaging as well, she's done a marvellous job. The styro inserts appear to be totally sizeable, so she can adjust for each order & cupcake size.

I can't take credit for this, it's all the hubby's idea. The styrofoam come in large one large size so he manually cut them to different length to suit the boxes that I have. I like to think he does this for love but I think it's more to shut me up from nagging *LOL*

CranberryClo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CranberryClo Posted 4 Dec 2006 , 12:26pm
post #70 of 82

Maybe this has been said already, but the cups with the straight sides can be a lot more difficult to get off if you have not left a margin of cupcake before the icing. Make sense?

I've experimented with them (photos in my gallery) because they have a straight side and I thought it'd be better for packing (and it was), but they are not easy to get off!

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 5 Dec 2006 , 12:15am
post #71 of 82

Solo Products are available here in the US. Here is a link to their website:

http://www.solocup.com/Default.htm

Theresa icon_smile.gif

playingwithsugar Posted 5 Dec 2006 , 12:15am
post #72 of 82

Solo Products are available here in the US. Here is a link to their website:

http://www.solocup.com/Default.htm

Theresa icon_smile.gif

AlamoSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AlamoSweets Posted 5 Dec 2006 , 4:36am
post #73 of 82

I have seen the cups at Michaels and Hobby Lobby. They are usually called nut cups. I have used them for cupcakes and they are hard to get into so with scissors I make a small slit so they are easy to tear. I do this after they are baked and before they are iced. I also saw once where a plastic fork was placed in the cupcake. I have even thought of placing those little wooden flat spoons that are used with the individual cups of ice cream. I thought those would be cute. Not the the easiest to eat cupcake with but cute! The presentation factor of the straight sided pleated cups is so much better than the old discolored liners. I think the slit is the answer to the problem and even maybe a couple would make them easy to locate.

daltonam Posted 5 Dec 2006 , 4:56am
post #74 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlamoSweets

I have seen the cups at Michaels and Hobby Lobby. They are usually called nut cups. I have used them for cupcakes and they are hard to get into so with scissors I make a small slit so they are easy to tear. I do this after they are baked and before they are iced. I also saw once where a plastic fork was placed in the cupcake. I have even thought of placing those little wooden flat spoons that are used with the individual cups of ice cream. I thought those would be cute. Not the the easiest to eat cupcake with but cute! The presentation factor of the straight sided pleated cups is so much better than the old discolored liners. I think the slit is the answer to the problem and even maybe a couple would make them easy to locate.

alamo, it sounds like you have a new product, i wonder if solo has a clue icon_rolleyes.gif

MsS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MsS Posted 5 Dec 2006 , 5:32am
post #75 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupcakeMomma

Hi everyone!

Thank you for visiting my cupcake album and I'm so sorry for the late reply. I didn't know there's a thread asking me question until someone pointed it out to me. I've been busy for the past few days and only today managed to find time to do other things than baking, frosting and packing icon_razz.gif

Hi Trish! *waves franctically* ... fancy meeting you here! I found this place quite by accident and I've been hooked since!

To the other ladies.... I'm a newbie here, please be kind icon_wink.gif
Trish is marvellously talented (as you already know) and always willing to share. We've borrowed ideas from each other many a time. I hope I can make a contribution here too.

Cheers!
Ivy
http://d-cupcakes.blogspot.com/

daltonam Posted 5 Dec 2006 , 5:51am
post #76 of 82

welcome ivy, have fun with your new addiction --cake central icon_biggrin.gif

CupcakeMomma Posted 5 Dec 2006 , 5:53am
post #77 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsS

Hi Trish! *waves franctically* ... fancy meeting you here!

Hi Ivy! *waves frantically back* Always a pleasure to see you.

About the solo cups, I don't think it was design for baking as the company manufactures drinking cups. I think that's why it's a tad difficult to open the cases but as everyone here agrees, they are so darn cute.

daltonam Posted 5 Dec 2006 , 5:55am
post #78 of 82

hey, cupcake momma-- i was just coming back to welcome you to your new addiction too--we are GLAD to have y'all here

playingwithsugar Posted 5 Dec 2006 , 10:14am
post #79 of 82

Dear Ivy,

Welcome to the forums! So glad to have you here!

Theresa icon_smile.gif

missyv110 Posted 5 Dec 2006 , 10:40am
post #80 of 82

Yay, Ivy and Trish are both in the house!!! Welcome.

I think the presentation in those cups is so elegant, and AlamoSweet's idea of the slit is BRILLIANT. Thanks Alamo!

MsS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MsS Posted 5 Dec 2006 , 11:32am
post #81 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlamoSweets

I have seen the cups at Michaels and Hobby Lobby. They are usually called nut cups. I have used them for cupcakes and they are hard to get into so with scissors I make a small slit so they are easy to tear.

Actually these souffle/nut cups are not difficult to manage. Just pull at one pleat near the top and the cuff will unfold quite easily. I did it with no problems but when I experimented on my friends, that was some task! You can read what happened here... http://d-cupcakes.blogspot.com/2006/11/souffle-cups-not-so-idiot-proof.html

And thank you all for the warm welcome!

Ivy

missyv110 Posted 5 Dec 2006 , 12:02pm
post #82 of 82

Ivy, your blogspot/photos are terrific.

I love the name D Cup Cakes, love it love it. Hope business is going well for you.

The story of trying to 'teach' people how to open the pleated cup is hilarious. I can imagine my frustration with not being able to open a CUPCAKE, when it looks SO good!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%