Drizzling Chocolate !!!

Decorating By BMAC01 Updated 27 Sep 2007 , 9:40pm by indydebi

BMAC01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BMAC01 Posted 27 Sep 2007 , 3:51pm
post #1 of 4

icon_confused.gif HELLO!!! I ALWAYS SEE CAKES THAT APPEAR AS THOGH CHOCOLATE IS DIZZLING OF THEM. I HAVE NEVER ATTEMPED TO DO THIS CAKE AND I WHAT TO GIVE IT A SHOT. CAN ANYONE GIVE ME ANY POINTERS ON HOW TO ACHIEVE THIS LOOK.......DOES THE CAKE HAVE TO BE DONE IN FONDANAT OR DOES IT MATTER?

3 replies
JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 27 Sep 2007 , 6:43pm
post #2 of 4

If you are referring to cakes with chocolate covering the top and dripping down the sides, it is generally ganache.

Ganache can be poured over most any icing. It helps if the icing is cool and the chocolate is a cool as possible but still pourable.

Ganache is typically equal parts of heavy cream and chocolate. There are recipes in the recipe section.

Once you pour the ganache, it is important to not touch it-it will leave marks on the surface.

PS- typing in all caps is still considered shouting. icon_biggrin.gif

Ladivacrj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladivacrj Posted 27 Sep 2007 , 6:53pm
post #3 of 4

ditto to JoannB:

The cake in my photos was done that exact way.

It is poured over a cold buttercream icing.

I used the Ganache I recipe from this site.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 27 Sep 2007 , 9:40pm
post #4 of 4

I'm not sure if you are talking about ganache or drizzled chocolate but here is one of my cakes where I did both: http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=248923

The white drizzling was done with melted white candy melts. I put it in a disposable pastry bag, snipped the end to just a small hole and went back and forth over the top of the cake. (I do this for cookies, too). I usually wait for the base icing to crust (buttercream) or to cool (ganache) before I drizzle.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%