Fresh Flowers

Decorating By TheCakerator Updated 27 Sep 2007 , 5:20pm by lrstone98

TheCakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakerator Posted 27 Sep 2007 , 3:48pm
post #1 of 6

i am thinking about making a cake with fresh roses on it for an anniversary tomorrow .. is there anything I need to do to keep them fresh, safe for the cake etc. .. I just want to lay some roses on the top of a cake maybe with some babys breaths..

5 replies
TheCakerator Posted 27 Sep 2007 , 4:56pm
post #2 of 6

anyone out there that can help me with this? thumbs_up.gif

tnuty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tnuty Posted 27 Sep 2007 , 5:07pm
post #3 of 6

I believe you can and should by flowers that are pesticide free, so that you do not contaimenate the cake with that nasty stuff..And I know if you keep them in the fridge they will stay fresh I wouldnt put them on until the last possible minute, so you can keep them in water. HTH

TheCakerator Posted 27 Sep 2007 , 5:12pm
post #4 of 6

thanks .. would the local florists carry pesticide free roses? Also should I tape the stems up with floral tape or just leave them as is?

Larie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Larie Posted 27 Sep 2007 , 5:19pm
post #5 of 6

You can lay them on there with out anything done to them. I have use a plastic cake circle before to make the flowers easily removable. Just buy the smallest one that the store carries. You cn place a piece of foam on that or just place directly onto the icing. somewhat depends on how big your top layer is. Roses are fairly hearty so they will last a while. If you do place them in the fridge make sure there is no fresh cut fruit in there or it will ruin them.

lrstone98 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lrstone98 Posted 27 Sep 2007 , 5:20pm
post #6 of 6

I found a thread on fresh flowers. It may help.

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-64.html

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%