Marshmallow Snowman Pops

Sugar Work By MomLittr Updated 3 Jan 2007 , 1:51am by NEWTODECORATING

ckkerber Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ckkerber Posted 18 Dec 2006 , 5:12am
post #91 of 111

These are so, so cute! Has anyone stuck them on a cake yet?

nefgaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nefgaby Posted 18 Dec 2006 , 5:14am
post #92 of 111

I thought about it today while making them... might try icon_confused.gif

jaitee69 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jaitee69 Posted 18 Dec 2006 , 3:53pm
post #93 of 111

You're very welcome! It's feels nice to actually be able to help someone out here!!! I've certainly asked for enough help of my own! Got more orders for snowmen and cocoa cones, so hi ho hi ho it's off to work I go!

Great job!!

Deanna

ckkerber Posted 18 Dec 2006 , 4:39pm
post #94 of 111

Deanna,

Cocoa cones? Did I miss a picture somewhere???

Carol

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 18 Dec 2006 , 6:02pm
post #95 of 111

Check out this topic: http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-12453.html
I have sold at least a dozen of these @ $5 a pop!

nefgaby Posted 18 Dec 2006 , 8:12pm
post #96 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by MomLittr

Gosh, these were so easy and figure it costs only around 20 cents a piece to make. If I sell for $1.50 each, that is less than half the catalogue cost - and I don't charge shipping! LOL!!

Just a question, what chocolate/ingredients did you guys buy... my cost is not 20 cents, mine is close to $0.60 each. Just wondering icon_rolleyes.gif

ckkerber Posted 18 Dec 2006 , 9:37pm
post #97 of 111

Those cocoa cones are cool! Just one more thing to add to my ever growing list this year!!!

jaitee69 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jaitee69 Posted 19 Dec 2006 , 1:55am
post #98 of 111

Hi Carol - sorry, just posted them in my pics. Made up 10 more today - 5 were special order and the other 5 are just for selling - along with more marshmallow snowmen with hats. I think I might actually come away with a pretty decent profit this year! woohoo!!

Deanna

jovigirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jovigirl Posted 19 Dec 2006 , 2:05am
post #99 of 111

A must try icon_wink.gif

daltonam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daltonam Posted 19 Dec 2006 , 2:17am
post #100 of 111

i'm sure glad i came looking for this thread, thanks for all of the info everyone & nefgaby i love love love your snowmen

nefgaby Posted 19 Dec 2006 , 3:39am
post #101 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by daltonam

i'm sure glad i came looking for this thread, thanks for all of the info everyone & nefgaby i love love love your snowmen

Thanks Tara!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

jjbrink Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jjbrink Posted 20 Dec 2006 , 5:10pm
post #102 of 111

ok, so these are too cute! i got the stuff to make them lastnight. however i got the white chocolate morsels to melt. would this work? if not, i think i may have some of the candy melts. some reason though i was thinking you used the white chocoalte...
also, just to make sure i got it right, put the marshmellos on the stick, dip in melted chocolate and then stanks them up (maybe my cooling rack lifted up will work for this?).
thanks
~jj

nefgaby Posted 20 Dec 2006 , 8:08pm
post #103 of 111

Hi, I don't know if the morsels work, as long as the chocolate hardens when set you are good to go. And YES, you got everything right, although what I did was lay them to dry, it is less messy and you won't be able to tell. I was adviced so in this thread and it worked like a charm!!

isakov1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
isakov1 Posted 20 Dec 2006 , 8:57pm
post #104 of 111

My sister and I made these the other night...we dipped them in candy melts and coated them in coconut! We seemed to have problems getting the hats to sit nicely ontop though.... There was a space between the head and the hat...any suggestions??

frstech Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
frstech Posted 20 Dec 2006 , 9:43pm
post #105 of 111

Has anyone considered using a candymelt sandwiched between the snowman and the hat as the brim, or possibly use the candy money sandwiched in between them as the brim. you could take a hot metal skewer and melt a hole thru it before inserting it on the stick so that it wouldn't break.

frstech Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
frstech Posted 20 Dec 2006 , 9:44pm
post #106 of 111

Has anyone considered using a candymelt sandwiched between the snowman and the hat as the brim, or possibly use the candy money sandwiched in between them as the brim. you could take a hot metal skewer and melt a hole thru it before inserting it on the stick so that it wouldn't break.

nefgaby Posted 20 Dec 2006 , 9:46pm
post #107 of 111

I did have a hard time as well, attaching the hats that is, what I did is use some RI as glue and pressed them for a couple secs to set. That solved the problem. And as candy melts sandwiched as the brim, I think they would be too small, JMO.

ckkerber Posted 26 Dec 2006 , 5:27pm
post #108 of 111

I tried my hand at the marshmallow snowmen and they turned out pretty cute! I put them on a chocolate chip cookie cake (two layers of chocolate chip cookie, two layers of chocolate-chocolate chip cookie cake - idea for stacked cookie cake came from cambo) with cream cheese icing. The trees and snowflakes are also piped chocolate. Such fun!
LL
LL

NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 2 Jan 2007 , 8:20pm
post #109 of 111

Thank you to everyone who posted your marshmallow snowmen! I used alot of your ideas to create mine, for my son's preschool class. Everyone loved them!!

I posted the pic in my photos. icon_lol.gif

ckkerber Posted 3 Jan 2007 , 1:50am
post #110 of 111

I think it would be adorable to make mini marshmallow snowmen. To make them on coffee stirrers instead of skewers or lollipop sticks with the smaller marshmallows and to include them with a gift of hot cocoa so that the mini marshmallow snowmen would melt into the cocoa . . . yum!

NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 3 Jan 2007 , 1:51am
post #111 of 111

That sounds adorable!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%