Marshmallow Snowman Pops

Sugar Work By MomLittr Updated 3 Jan 2007 , 1:51am by NEWTODECORATING

mjlaw78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjlaw78 Posted 2 Dec 2006 , 8:43pm
post #31 of 111

Here is a picture of some that I did. I am pretty happy with them since this was my first time working with dipping marshmallows
LL

RisqueBusiness Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RisqueBusiness Posted 2 Dec 2006 , 8:49pm
post #32 of 111

Awesome!

Woole2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Woole2 Posted 2 Dec 2006 , 9:35pm
post #33 of 111

MJLAW~~They look AWSOME!! How did you make the brim for the snowman?

Angela

CakesUnleashed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesUnleashed Posted 2 Dec 2006 , 9:45pm
post #34 of 111

OMG! Those are the cutest little things...ever! You did a great job!

Love this idea!!

lisascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lisascakes Posted 2 Dec 2006 , 9:47pm
post #35 of 111

I love these snowmen - How did you do the hats?

mjlaw78 Posted 2 Dec 2006 , 10:55pm
post #36 of 111

for the snowmen with the hats I put two marshmallows on a stick and left room at the top for the hat, I dipped the bottom two into white and for the hat I dipped one marshmallow in chocolate then put it on my silpat and moved it in a little circle so the extra chocolate created the brim. Hope that helps if not let me know and I will try to explain it better.

elvis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elvis Posted 2 Dec 2006 , 11:07pm
post #37 of 111

Love these! mjlaw78, I especially like the one with the hat. I think that putting the marshmallows on their sides helps a lot in making it look like a snowman b/c each section is a perfect circle! thumbs_up.gif These would be sooo cute as cake toppers too!

cupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakes Posted 3 Dec 2006 , 12:01am
post #38 of 111

I have made a hat by just using the choc. bell candy that nestles and other companies sell for the holidays. The bell looks like a hat on top of the snowman. I think one company calls them choc. gingles. It will stick to the top of the snowman once you dip the marshmallows in white choc.. Just have them dry with the sticks stuck in a piece of styrafoam.

Woole2 Posted 3 Dec 2006 , 12:13am
post #39 of 111

MJ thanks for the tip. Did you attach the hat with the choco as glue or did you use the tip of the skewer? Also whats the best type of choco to use for melting?

Thanks Again
Angela

mjlaw78 Posted 3 Dec 2006 , 4:08am
post #40 of 111

For those of you interested I just donated a basket of 8 snowmen to a fundraising auction for our youth group tonight and they brought $25. So if you have a store or somthing there is good money in these and they are SO easy icon_biggrin.gif
Woole2 I attached the hat with chocolate. And for the chocolate I used candy melts for the white I used almond bark because walmart was out of white candy melts but the almond bark was cheaper anyways. HTH

daisyz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daisyz Posted 3 Dec 2006 , 4:25am
post #41 of 111

momlittr, great idea w/ the coconut--so cute! And I bet it tastes delicious! I am so glad you posted the marshmallow snowmen idea--I've been looking for Christmas gift ideas and I think 3 of these snowmen in a mug with some hot chocolate mix (in a decorator bag) will be perfect! Thanks for the ideas!!! icon_smile.gif

Woole2 Posted 3 Dec 2006 , 5:53am
post #42 of 111

MJ thanks for all your tips.. Im new to all this and wanted to try something easy and quick this yr but what is Almond Bark?? I went to my wal mart tonight and got the white candy melts and the dark choco melts, I didnt see any other..lol.. Late blummer for starting to bake...

TY
Angela

MomLittr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MomLittr Posted 3 Dec 2006 , 2:05pm
post #43 of 111

When I dipped mine (used candy melts), I ended up having to smooth the candy - maybe it was not melted enough or deep enough. Still have to figure out how to make it more separated to look like a snowman. I like the look of the sideways marshmallows.......hmm, wonder if I could round out the marshmallows more before sticking them. BTW, ate one of them - yummy, but what a sugar rush! LOL!!!

deb

mjlaw78 Posted 5 Dec 2006 , 3:38am
post #44 of 111

Angela,
Almond bark was over with the chocolate chips it was right beside the white baking chocolate at my walmart. It was my first time using it or ever seeing it but from what I could tell it just has an almond flavor. But any kind of dipping chocolate or candy melts should work

nefgaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nefgaby Posted 5 Dec 2006 , 9:43pm
post #45 of 111

Check this out icon_eek.gificon_surprised.gificon_eek.gif Now, they are REALLY making a profit...

http://www.crateandbarrel.com/family.aspx?c=7016&f=22369&viewall=1

MomLittr Posted 5 Dec 2006 , 11:04pm
post #46 of 111

$4.95 each?!?!?! Wow, that must be a very expensive Santa hat! icon_surprised.gif

Woole2 Posted 6 Dec 2006 , 12:54am
post #47 of 111

OK so what am I doing wrong!!! I melted 2 bags of the white choco candy melts from Wiltons and I cant seem to get my snowmen smoothe!!! Any Ideas or should I just go buy the choco fountain..lol..Also I couldnt get them to stand on end by themselves and when I pushed down a lil then the choco smooshed out.

Angela

MomLittr Posted 6 Dec 2006 , 2:08am
post #48 of 111

Can you post a picture to see what went wrong? My first try I used the microwave to melt the candies, but found out using a bowl over hot water in a pot worked better as the candy melts were more, well melted smooth. After dipping (the marshmallows are already on the stick) just tapped off the excess candy melts and stuck the bottom ofthe sticks in some styrofoam to dry. Actually rolled them in coconut first.

mjlaw78 Posted 6 Dec 2006 , 2:57am
post #49 of 111

my hats were candy melts and they didn't come out all that smooth, you can always put a little shortening in to make it thinner. When I used the almond bark (white dipping chocolate not candy melts) It worked much better but you also have to add shortening to get it thinned down. The three marshmallows were already on the stick when I dipped them. The ones with the hat I dipped the bottom two marshmallows on the stick and left room at the top for the hat which I put on after everything had cooled.

theclarinetter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
theclarinetter Posted 6 Dec 2006 , 3:13am
post #50 of 111

Hahaha nefgaby! I work at Crate and Barrel, and that's where I got the idea to make these snowmen myself for Christmas gifts! No way would I buy them for that much! Anyway, I guess we all had the same idea! They look great, everyone who posted pictures! I was thinking I need to add some shortening to my candy melts, maybe break out the chocolate fountain, but I wasn't sure what would be the best thing...thanks for the ideas!

cakegirl0315 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegirl0315 Posted 6 Dec 2006 , 3:14am
post #51 of 111

Those snowmen are soooo cute! We are having a bake sale at work this week. I may have to try them! I made pumpkin ones for halloween and also some s'mores on a stick. I dipped marshmellows in chocolate then rolled them in crushed up graham crackers. Delicious!! They sold like hot cakes at the bake sale!

nefgaby Posted 6 Dec 2006 , 3:26am
post #52 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by theclarinetter

Hahaha nefgaby! I work at Crate and Barrel, and that's where I got the idea to make these snowmen myself for Christmas gifts! No way would I buy them for that much!

That is the BEST store in the whole world, I love love love C&B! If I worked there I would spend my entire pay check with them, not on snowman pops though! icon_rolleyes.gif

brightbrats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brightbrats Posted 6 Dec 2006 , 2:51pm
post #53 of 111

NEWTODECORATING

Your Pumpkin marshmellows look awesome.

I just have one question about the packaging, what is a pretzel bag ? Where do you get them? And if I can't find those what else would you recommend ?

They look great you guys, cool treat for the school kids. thumbs_up.gif

nefgaby Posted 6 Dec 2006 , 3:10pm
post #54 of 111

Can I ask something... might be on the dumb and obvious side... but how did you pipe the face and arms? With a tip, maybe #1, didn't it get clogged with the candy melts? And how do you color candy melts? Is it with regular color gels or is there a different kind of colors? Thanks!

Woole2 Posted 6 Dec 2006 , 4:20pm
post #55 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by MomLittr

Can you post a picture to see what went wrong?

Well I would send pic but broke the camera last week taking some cake pics and oops fell outta my greasy hands..lol..(may get new one for xmas)
I did do the tap tap tap on the side of the glass bowl but then noticed on the back side it looked like spackle. Im thinking that the candy melts were just to thick even though it was throughly melted.

mjlaw78 Posted 7 Dec 2006 , 2:02pm
post #56 of 111

nefgaby,
to pipe the details I just used colored candy melts and put them in a decorating bag and cut a little piece off the end that way I could stick them back in the microwave if needed and wouldn't have to worry about the metal tip.

nefgaby Posted 7 Dec 2006 , 2:16pm
post #57 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjlaw78

nefgaby,
to pipe the details I just used colored candy melts and put them in a decorating bag and cut a little piece off the end that way I could stick them back in the microwave if needed and wouldn't have to worry about the metal tip.

Thank You Mjlaw78, could I use a disposable bag? Would that work on the microwave as well? And about the coloring of the melts, did you use regular gel or the special kind for melts, that are oil based? Thanks soo much!!!

edited: Oh, I think I understand now... your purchased the already colored melts....

mjlaw78 Posted 7 Dec 2006 , 2:25pm
post #58 of 111

nefgaby,
yes the melts were already colored and I used a disposable decorators bag and just threw it out when I was done, cuts down on the clean up.

NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 7 Dec 2006 , 2:29pm
post #59 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightbrats

I just have one question about the packaging, what is a pretzel bag ? Where do you get them? And if I can't find those what else would you recommend ?
D

I got the pretzel bags at A C Moore in the candy melt isle. They are clear bags that are 2x6 maybe.

nefgaby Posted 7 Dec 2006 , 2:51pm
post #60 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjlaw78

nefgaby,
yes the melts were already colored and I used a disposable decorators bag and just threw it out when I was done, cuts down on the clean up.

Thanks sooo much!! Looking forward to doing this little guys over the weekend!! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%