People Magazine Article

Business By mypastrychef Updated 29 Sep 2007 , 6:53am by itsasweetthing

mypastrychef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mypastrychef Posted 27 Sep 2007 , 2:40am
post #1 of 13

In the July 2007 issue of People Weddings there was a spread on the best cake in each of the fifty states. For Louisiana they chose our cake shop and I wanted to give an update.

We have had several new cake customers from this publicity. We have had many of our customers send us praises. We have had brides come in and book a wedding cake saying this is why they chose us. Overall I can't say it really boosted our business. But it gave us our little moment of time in the big cake world. We honestly thank GOD for the recognition.

cakes 1-50 are listed on this website.

http://www.people.com/people/package/gallery/0,,20042118_20041107,00.html

12 replies
TheDomesticDiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheDomesticDiva Posted 27 Sep 2007 , 2:56am
post #2 of 13

Wow, so neat to see that some of you on this site are so talented to get recognition of this caliber, and are still amazing enough to offer advice to those of us who are just starting out or learning just for fun.

LeahS on this board was also recognized in that article, for the best of the state of Kentucky! icon_smile.gif

Congratulations guys!!

~Carrie

Teekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teekakes Posted 27 Sep 2007 , 2:57am
post #3 of 13

Hey! Congrats to you! I saw this last month while I was in the hair salon all wrapped in foil! icon_lol.gif
Your cake is very pretty and I remembered it well!
How awesome for you and the others in the bakery! thumbs_up.gif

ChrisfromNOLA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChrisfromNOLA Posted 27 Sep 2007 , 5:47am
post #4 of 13

Yeah! That's awesome, congrats! We will probably see you on Food Network soon!

FlowerGirlMN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlowerGirlMN Posted 27 Sep 2007 , 11:08am
post #5 of 13

How did they choose the cakes? Was it something the decorators submitted, a search somehow?

Just wondering how one would go about being considered for the next one!

BabyC1985 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BabyC1985 Posted 27 Sep 2007 , 11:18am
post #6 of 13

well done and congrats

Erdica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Erdica Posted 27 Sep 2007 , 11:48am
post #7 of 13

Wow! Congratulations!!!

That awesome! Thanks for sharing.

Teekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teekakes Posted 27 Sep 2007 , 11:48am
post #8 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowerGirlMN

How did they choose the cakes? Was it something the decorators submitted, a search somehow?

Glad you ask this and I hope someone knows the answer! Was wondering the same thing myself. When I was reading the mag there was nothing about how they picked the cakes, but I could have missed it too, especially if it was in fine print somewhere!

wolfsonmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wolfsonmom Posted 27 Sep 2007 , 2:11pm
post #9 of 13

I would really like to know how the cakes were chosen also. Maybe mypastrychef and Leah will share.

gabbenmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gabbenmom Posted 27 Sep 2007 , 2:31pm
post #10 of 13

Wow! There were several Cake Central artists!!! Congrats to all of you! You are all amazing!

I noticed Sugar Creations, Pink Cake Box, Cakes By Sam, Sweet Art and Duff!

Great Job!!!

SweetArt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetArt Posted 27 Sep 2007 , 3:21pm
post #11 of 13

Thanks.

Quote:

My personal experience; I was contacted back in January. She was doing an Internet search of cakes in my state and asked me to submit a few of my favorite cakes, then they would choose which cake they would publish from my state. A few months later, she said they chose that cake and wanted the details of it.

mypastrychef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mypastrychef Posted 29 Sep 2007 , 5:55am
post #12 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetArt

Thanks.

Quote:

My personal experience; I was contacted back in January. She was doing an Internet search of cakes in my state and asked me to submit a few of my favorite cakes, then they would choose which cake they would publish from my state. A few months later, she said they chose that cake and wanted the details of it.

I also got a call from a People Mag editor and she said she was searching the web for cakes and then contacting the business and asking them to submit recent photos. She also said they were looking for creative theme wedding designs.

mpc
www.mypastrychef.com

itsasweetthing Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
itsasweetthing Posted 29 Sep 2007 , 6:53am
post #13 of 13

That's some cake! Congratulations! Inspiring!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%