Present Cake Fondant Lids

Decorating By talmas Updated 1 Aug 2005 , 1:28am by MariaLovesCakes

talmas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
talmas Posted 31 Jul 2005 , 2:45pm
post #1 of 3

I have been asked to do a wedding cake that looks like gifts in December. I have attached an example she gave that she likes. The second and fifth tier have fondant on them that look like lids to a box. Any tips on how to do this? She wants to replace flowers with bows so you will probably be seeing me do a lot of practice cakes with bows from now until then.

BTW, this is my first wedding cake. I am really nervous.
LL

2 replies
nernan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nernan Posted 31 Jul 2005 , 11:30pm
post #2 of 3

It looks to me like they have covered the whole cake in fondant, it may even be BC, then applied the "lid" over the top of that, thats the only way i can see possible. I may be wrong, play around with it.

MariaLovesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MariaLovesCakes Posted 1 Aug 2005 , 1:28am
post #3 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by talmas

I have been asked to do a wedding cake that looks like gifts in December. I have attached an example she gave that she likes. The second and fifth tier have fondant on them that look like lids to a box. Any tips on how to do this? She wants to replace flowers with bows so you will probably be seeing me do a lot of practice cakes with bows from now until then.

BTW, this is my first wedding cake. I am really nervous.

Looks like buttercream icing on all tiers, and fondant to make the lids and other arrangements... The letters can be done with Royal Icing or cut out with fondant as well...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%