Any Idea's For A Celebrity's Cake????

Decorating By Cake-Happy Updated 1 Oct 2007 , 2:23am by Cake-Happy

Cake-Happy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake-Happy Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 10:33pm
post #1 of 31

Does any one have some cake ideas fit for a celebrity? It's just a small get-together for some guys with their celebrity friend. Would like it to be nice and simple. Nothing over the top, and no wording will be on the cake. They haven't told me how many servings we'll need yet, but I can always make a bigger cake once I know all the details. Any idea's out there?

30 replies
leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 11:50pm
post #2 of 31

can you give us any more information on the celebrity? Male/female? what type of celebrity? Singer, actor, celebrity is a pretty general term...

Depending on what type we can come up with some fun ideas for you!

Cake-Happy Posted 27 Sep 2007 , 12:13am
post #3 of 31

It's for a male actor. I'm not really wanting to go with a themed cake though. Just something nice enough for a man, but not too frilly like you would for a woman.

elvis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elvis Posted 27 Sep 2007 , 12:17am
post #4 of 31

Is it for George Clooney or Brad Pitt? icon_smile.gif

jenncowin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenncowin Posted 27 Sep 2007 , 12:22am
post #5 of 31

I think we definitely need more details on this person,icon_smile.gif

Cake-Happy Posted 27 Sep 2007 , 12:27am
post #6 of 31

It's definitely not George Clooney or Brad Pitt, but someone just as cute! thumbs_up.gif I'm not sure I'm at liberty to say at this time. Once the event is over, I could probably reveal his name. Sorry to be so evasive.

SueW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SueW Posted 27 Sep 2007 , 12:33am
post #7 of 31

OHHHHH your killin me here, I am so curious who it is icon_lol.gif

FlowerGirlMN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlowerGirlMN Posted 27 Sep 2007 , 12:34am
post #8 of 31

If it's for Jeff Goldblum, I'll come help!!!! Whatever crap labor you need.... washing your mixer.. whatever!

spongemomsweatpants Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spongemomsweatpants Posted 27 Sep 2007 , 12:37am
post #9 of 31

I would just do a simple chocolate pirrote cake with some choc dipped strawberries on top. We have a few friends who are...well..."known well" and we have found that the more down to earth and classy the better. These people get glitz and glamour shoved down their throughts alllllllllll the time. Simple and elegant would be your best best. I also agree totally with your choosing to not reveal their name...it would be in very poor taste to do so. thumbs_up.gif

nefgaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nefgaby Posted 27 Sep 2007 , 12:40am
post #10 of 31

Well, I guess in order to personalize a cake for this "male celebrity actor" we would have to know what he is into, how old he is, some of his work?
I don't know, maybe base the cake on his carrier, his different movies or characters... Just an idea.
Do a search for his bio and maybe base it on his life?

Good luck!!

pastryjen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastryjen Posted 27 Sep 2007 , 12:42am
post #11 of 31

I. for one, in this situation, don't mind poor taste!

Just joking...I really like that chocolate idea posted above.

LittleLinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleLinda Posted 27 Sep 2007 , 12:44am
post #12 of 31

You stated the party is just a get-together; so I assume it's not a celebration of a birthday or other celebration. In that case, the cake is not for the actor; but for the party ... so it doesn't matter who the actor is. People are asking questions about the guy, but just because a celebrity comes to a party, he doesn't have to be the star of the show! Make a nice cake without a theme.

MimiFord Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFord Posted 27 Sep 2007 , 12:48am
post #13 of 31

Right off hand, the only cute Texan celebrity I can think of is Matthew McConaghey.

I bet if you googled something, you'd find a bio of whomever it is - maybe that would help with your theme, but I don't know anyone that would turn down chocolate flavored anything, maybe with kahlua - lots of flavors there too?

Sorry not much help, but would love to see what you come up with.

Cake-Happy Posted 27 Sep 2007 , 12:52am
post #14 of 31

You guys crack me up! icon_lol.gif

Thanks Spongemomsweatpants... that's along the lines I was thinking too. I was thinking of using a chocolate transfer sheet with a marbled design and cut geometric shapes out of the chocolate and sticking them in the middle of the cake. I want it to be simple and elegant. I agree they get glitz shoved down their throat... so down to earth would probably make his day.

Thanks everyone and keep the idea's coming. I have another day before I have to nail the design down.

princessdepastel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
princessdepastel Posted 27 Sep 2007 , 12:53am
post #15 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by spongemomsweatpants

I would just do a simple chocolate pirrote cake with some choc dipped strawberries on top. We have a few friends who are...well..."known well" and we have found that the more down to earth and classy the better. These people get glitz and glamour shoved down their throughts alllllllllll the time. Simple and elegant would be your best best. I also agree totally with your choosing to not reveal their name...it would be in very poor taste to do so. thumbs_up.gif

i absolutely agree here. i highly doubt that any person, including a celebrity, would feel comfortable with the idea that a cake decorator was searching online trying to find out there life story just to make them a cake. simple and classy is always safe. on the other hand, i live in texas too, am i invited??? lol. jk. good luck and PLEASE tell us who the celeb was after its over!!! we are alllllll dying to know!

Cake-Happy Posted 27 Sep 2007 , 1:38am
post #16 of 31

It's his birthday celebration with some of his friends. Something chocolate maybe with kahlua sounds good too. I appreciate your ideas.

GI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GI Posted 27 Sep 2007 , 5:58am
post #17 of 31

Chocolate cake with chocolate pieces sticking out of it sound great. However, he'll probably get a bigger kick out of the "trick candles" and the "happy-birthday song". Have fun making it!

Honeydukes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetideas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetideas Posted 27 Sep 2007 , 1:20pm
post #19 of 31

I think I would stay away with anything to do with work. Most guys just want to be normal around their pals, at least I would think so. They probably get enough ribbing as it is. icon_smile.gif

Chocolate is great as long as he likes it and isn't allergic. I like the cigarellos look (I think I spelled that wrong) or just something simple and classic.

Cake-Happy Posted 28 Sep 2007 , 12:33am
post #20 of 31

These are all wonderful ideas. Unfortunately, you aren't going to believe this! They just called and said that I might not get to do the cake now!! All of the clubs they have called in the area said they have to pay a celebrity appearance fee, and would prefer to do the cake themselves (since it will be in their club). Probably a health law of some sort.

Regardless, my 5 yr old grand-daughter will get to go wear one of the T-Shirts they are selling and stand near him (as a model) at the autograph signing that day. icon_smile.gif I'm hoping I can get a picture of her and him together. That would make me just as happy, if not happier than making the cake. We'll know for sure by tomorrow. Thanks so much for all of your help though.

Cake-Happy Posted 28 Sep 2007 , 2:49am
post #21 of 31

Ok, it's back on again. We only have to make a small token cake. Now I can tell who it's for... it's for Mario Lopez!! icon_smile.gif

I have one last question. What do you use when making chocolate shavings/curls? I have a tool that you make them with, I just wasn't sure what kind of chocolate you use.

elvis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elvis Posted 30 Sep 2007 , 1:01am
post #22 of 31

You may have already done your cake-- but when I make chocolate curls, i melt chocolate bark and spread it onto a sheet...let it firm up and then run my knife across.

Glad to know the mystery man! Happy Birthday Slater!

Cake-Happy Posted 30 Sep 2007 , 3:18am
post #23 of 31

Thanks everyone! Well, it's finally over. This turned out to be a fiasco at first, then it was all worth it in the end. The event almost got cancelled, then it was back on again.

My daughter sat the cake pan on top of a hot burner... burnt one cake completely on the bottom. Had to start over and make another layer.

Next, I couldn't make the chocolate curl for any thing! What on earth is the secret to curling chocolate??!! I have a Shaver/Curler tool, but all it did was shave! NO CURLS! Elvis-- I just read your post about how to curl. Thanks. Are there any more tricks to this? Just for next time.

Then the chocolate transfer sheet worked fine, but when I stuck the geometric shapes into the ganache on top of the cake... the pieces melted. The ganache was cool, but evidently not cool enough. Stuck the cake in the fridge, still the chocolate transfer pieces just limped over like they were on a hot sidewalk. I don't know, I think you are supposed to use a much harder chocolate for that, not 1/2 semi-sweet & 1/2 milk chocolate.

I learned a lot from this important cake! NEVER try anything new on an important cake like this! All in all, the cake turned out fine. Not at all like what I wanted... but it worked out and Mario was grateful. That's all that matters. I'll post the pic tomorrow. When I have time to download from my camera.

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 30 Sep 2007 , 5:58am
post #24 of 31

daaaang did you get to meet him then? that is one sweet piece of

Hollyanna70 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Hollyanna70 Posted 30 Sep 2007 , 6:58am
post #25 of 31

Cake!

Kory was going to say cake, right?! icon_wink.gif

I'm glad it all turned out well. Can't wait to see pics of the cake. icon_smile.gif

Holly

clsilvus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
clsilvus Posted 30 Sep 2007 , 7:48am
post #26 of 31

Can't wait to see a picture. I'm glad everything turned out ok for you. I think it would be fun (and very nerve wracking) to make a cake for a celebrity or someone of importance....lucky you!

1nanette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
1nanette Posted 30 Sep 2007 , 1:59pm
post #27 of 31

When I make make chocloate curls I take a block of chocolate, hold it for a while to warm it up then shave curls with a potato peeler.

Elvis-I have tried to curl choclate the way you described but I cant. At what angle should I hold the knife?

Cake-Happy Posted 30 Sep 2007 , 3:33pm
post #28 of 31

I got to meet him and take pictures of my grandkids with him. I didn't want my picture made with something so perfect. My daughter and son-in-law got to party with him on Friday night and sit on the VIP stage with a select few. Her 10 minutes of fame! Mark Cuban was there too.

I'm going to have to try to warm the chocolate first (either by hand or pouring into a pan and setting up a little). Sounds like both methods would work so it's soft enough to work with.

I appreciate all of your comments and help. I'll load the pic later today.

sarahnichole975 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahnichole975 Posted 30 Sep 2007 , 4:00pm
post #29 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by MimiFord

Right off hand, the only cute Texan celebrity I can think of is Matthew McConaghey.

I bet if you googled something, you'd find a bio of whomever it is - maybe that would help with your theme, but I don't know anyone that would turn down chocolate flavored anything, maybe with kahlua - lots of flavors there too?

Sorry not much help, but would love to see what you come up with.

I'll pass out cold!!! I just got a bit more than flushed!!!

LittleLinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleLinda Posted 30 Sep 2007 , 4:21pm
post #30 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cake-Happy

The event almost got cancelled, then it was back on again. ... burnt one cake completely on the bottom. Had to start over and make another layer. ... I couldn't make the chocolate curl for any thing! ... the geometric pieces melted. ... the chocolate transfer pieces just limped over like they were on a hot sidewalk.

I learned a lot from this important cake! NEVER try anything new on an important cake like this!

You poor thing! What frustration you went through!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%