First Wilton Class Today

Decorating By debsuewoo Updated 31 Jul 2005 , 2:36am by jgclucas

debsuewoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debsuewoo Posted 31 Jul 2005 , 2:23am
post #1 of 2

I took the Wilton classes 20 some odd years ago, so I decided to take the Wilton classes over again as a refresher, since I took up decorating again recently. I thought I would know EVERYTHING that course 1 taught, but I was wrong! I didn't know I was icing the cake with icing that was too stiff, nor did I realize why I had to refridgerate my BC icing.... I'm such a dit sometimes! So anyway, I actually did learn something and this instructor seems really with it. She says she's been decorating since she's been 13 and did wedding cakes for a few years and has now been teaching for about 5 years. But what I REALLY like about her is the fact that she says Wilton is paying her to teach, not sell, so if we can find ingredients cheaper than Wilton to do so. I may stick around for all of her courses!
She's even developing a course in sculptured cakes..... she did a KA mixer that was out of this world!

Debbi

1 reply
jgclucas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jgclucas Posted 31 Jul 2005 , 2:36am
post #2 of 2

Thank you for posting this. I have recently taken up decorating again too, but my Wilton courses were quite a few years ago. I am thinking of taking them again. I think it would be a nice refresher, not to mention a good opportunity to get out of the house. icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%