Buying Wholesale

Decorating By cakenutz Updated 30 Sep 2007 , 3:06am by cakenutz

cakenutz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakenutz Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 4:49pm
post #1 of 20

I am putting my business plan together and need to establish contact with as many wholesalers as I can to project my cost. Could those of you that buy wholesale please give me contact numbers or email addresses please. TIA

19 replies
leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 5:10pm
post #2 of 20

What kind of supplies are you looking for?

Ingredients, Boxes, icing, decorating kits?

There are quite a few different suppliers out there but I am not quite sure what you are looking for.

cakenutz Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 5:56pm
post #3 of 20

I will be in need of baking supplies boxes' boards etc. part of business is a cake shop. Also I am opening a cake and candy supply shop. I've already contacted Wilton and Country kitchens. Is there a wholesaler for Merckens and other chocolates, molds , cutters ,everything one would need for cake and cookie decorating,and candy making. If in know any distributors in the NW arkansas area that would be great TIA

cakenutz Posted 27 Sep 2007 , 3:19am
post #4 of 20

I'm bumping myself. Really need the info.

ChrisfromNOLA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChrisfromNOLA Posted 27 Sep 2007 , 5:54am
post #5 of 20

You may be interested in Lorann Oils, especially if you want to sell candy. You can call them and ask them to send you a catalog.
1-800-862-8620. You may need to give them a tax id.

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 27 Sep 2007 , 5:14pm
post #6 of 20

If you know of the specific brands that you want (you mentioned Merkens) then I would contact that manufacturer and see what it takes to purchase from them for resale?

As for boxes I know that Bunzl has all sorts of packaging if you are looking just for boxes www.brpboxshop.com has a nice variety and sells a lot of things in packages of 100.

Definitely Americolor - I would love to be able to find these locally

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 27 Sep 2007 , 5:33pm
post #7 of 20

So far, everything on your list can be purchased from CKProducts.com--that's the wholesale version of Country Kitchens. You might also want to look ito BakeryCrafts.com

southerncake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
southerncake Posted 28 Sep 2007 , 2:42pm
post #8 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by leahs

So far, everything on your list can be purchased from CKProducts.com--that's the wholesale version of Country Kitchens. You might also want to look ito BakeryCrafts.com

Agreed (as usual!) Leahs! We also have an account with Lucks; however, I have never actually ordered anything from them.

leah_s Posted 28 Sep 2007 , 4:59pm
post #9 of 20

For some reason I've never gotten "into" Lucks or Pheil & Holing. CK Products gets the majority of my $. (Also Dawn Foods.)

BRPBoxShopDesigner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BRPBoxShopDesigner Posted 28 Sep 2007 , 9:08pm
post #10 of 20

Anything we can do to help, we will.

brpboxshop.com is two years old this past July so it feels good to help other new companies get started, and we have!

Coming here and asking questions is probably one of the smartest things a new business owner could do. Thanks for mentioning us, leahs!

The best of luck to you, cakenutz. You know you are on to something when a reality TV shows are based around your industry. C'mon Box Making show!

crazy4sugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crazy4sugar Posted 28 Sep 2007 , 10:06pm
post #11 of 20

I love the stuff at [url]brpboxshop.com [/url] but I haven't ordered because it's sold only in packs of 100. How about if I hate the color or size? Then I'm stuck with a bunch of boxes. thumbsdown.gif

frankandcathy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
frankandcathy Posted 29 Sep 2007 , 5:05am
post #12 of 20

Merchant's Bakery Supply in Dallas is a distributor.

leah_s Posted 29 Sep 2007 , 2:25pm
post #13 of 20

Thanks for the shout out box shop, but that was from leily. Frankly, I've never heard of your company . . . But I'm always looking for good suppliers.

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 29 Sep 2007 , 2:33pm
post #14 of 20

Have you checked your yellow pages for sources? And have you checked into where the nearest restaurant supply stores are? My local restaurant supply stores carry lots of cake/pastry tools and supplies.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

cakenutz Posted 29 Sep 2007 , 2:42pm
post #15 of 20

Thanks for all your replies. I've been researching everywhere I can and as usual cc is my best resource. I will definitely check out your boxes BRPBOX . Thanks again. icon_wink.gif I can't wait to get my ducks in a row and get this off the ground.

playingwithsugar Posted 29 Sep 2007 , 2:44pm
post #16 of 20

Good Luck!

Theresa icon_smile.gif

nautkl1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nautkl1 Posted 29 Sep 2007 , 2:48pm
post #17 of 20

Here are some that I use:

www.nashvillewraps.com
www.wilton.com
www.caketoppub.com
www.decopac.com
www.bakery-net.com (there's a buyers list in this site - plus they have a monthly publication that is free and full of information, including vendors.
www.puratos.us
I'll list more soon.... Good luck!

karensue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karensue Posted 29 Sep 2007 , 2:50pm
post #18 of 20

Does anyone know a supplier of fondant and icing sugar which is different from our regular powdered sugar because it only contains 3% cornstarch and is 200 times finer. I can get it through Sweet Celebrations, but it's $9.99 for 5 lbs. I'd like to find a source for a 50 lbs. Thanks.

playingwithsugar Posted 29 Sep 2007 , 2:52pm
post #19 of 20

I would love to find icing sugar, also.

But an FYI here - Domino brand Confectioner's Sugar also only contains 3% cornstarch or malto-dextrin, whichever they are calling it now.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

cakenutz Posted 30 Sep 2007 , 3:06am
post #20 of 20

Thanks for all the info Nautk I appreciate it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%