Anyone Know How Long Gingerbread Cookies Last?

Baking By Jenrose Updated 2 Dec 2006 , 10:56am by Jenrose

Jenrose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenrose Posted 28 Nov 2006 , 7:04pm
post #1 of 5

Hello!
I have many gingerbread men to make! I was wondering if anyone knew how long they can last. I need them for a Christmas Party on the 16th. Should I wait that week, or can I start doing a little at a time starting this weekend? I've heard that the dough does freeze ok. I really would like to be able to bake them and then either freeze them or keep in a container, then that week of the 16th decorate them.
Thank you!
Jen

4 replies
JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 28 Nov 2006 , 7:31pm
post #2 of 5

Gingerbread Cookies freeze perfectly. Just wrap them well. They should thaw completely before you add icing. If you recipe is for a softer cookie, thaw them separately-if they are stacked, they can stick together.

Jenrose Posted 29 Nov 2006 , 1:42pm
post #3 of 5

Thank You, JoAnnB for replying!
So Its an OK for me to start baking, can do everything, including bake them, then just freeze them and a couple of days before just decorate, right?
I just want to make sure I dont ruin anything. I was given all the supplies and I dont want to ruin them and have to use my ingrediants, I know I sound cheap, but Im not getting paid for all this and I dont want to have to waste anything! Thank You for all your help!
icon_smile.gif Jen

tincanbaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tincanbaby Posted 2 Dec 2006 , 12:44am
post #4 of 5

I have made my gingerbread cookies up to a month before. After baking, I layer them on parchment paper and wrap with saran wrap than freeze. When I am ready for them, I just take them out and set them on the table to thaw, than frost.

Jenrose Posted 2 Dec 2006 , 10:56am
post #5 of 5

Thank you for all your help! I can start it this weekend then!!!!!! icon_smile.gif You guys are sooo sweet for the help you all always give!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%