Used Cake Stand

Decorating By khiggins Updated 26 Sep 2007 , 3:48am by indydebi

khiggins Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
khiggins Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 2:51am
post #1 of 5

Does anyone know of any other sites to purchase used cake equip? Besides Ebay. I have looked on Ebay and I feel like it has become too commercialized to get any savings. I am not a professional decorator and am in the market for the Wilton Garden cake stand. I think it is a beautiful presentation piece, but can't afford a new one. Please let me know if any other sites you can think of. thank you

4 replies
cakesbybert Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbybert Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 2:57am
post #2 of 5

I've heard of people looking on craigslist.com - never tried it but it is in most states

DelightsByE Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DelightsByE Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 3:07am
post #3 of 5

besides eBay and the Michaels coupons, I can't think of any other place to get one, especially used ones. Yahoo used to have auctions, you might want to try there....

delta95 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
delta95 Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 3:15am
post #4 of 5

I was just on craigslist today looking for baking pans and stuff. I don't do ebay, but I like craigslist cuz you can buy local and check stuff out before buying and then pick it up so no shipping.
I was just looking at this one today. I'm not sure which one you're referring to as far as Garden stand...but this is just an example of what you can find.
Good luck..
http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/for/397768564.html

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 3:48am
post #5 of 5

ebay has become pretty commercial, but if you flag your account to alert you when new listing for an item show up, you may luck out and get a listing from a bride who thought she'd buy her own stand and then couldn't figure out what to do with it afterward.

I bought one of those 3-tier silver champagne fountains from ebay, but I had to wait for months to get the style and price I wanted .... but it was WELL worth the wait!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%