Please I Need Help In A Caramel Cake I Have Taste The Best!

Decorating By the7belle Updated 29 Sep 2007 , 5:01am by the7belle

the7belle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
the7belle Posted 25 Sep 2007 , 11:51pm
post #1 of 18

HI I HAVE TASTE THE BEST CARAMEL CAKE I EVER TASTE I ORDER IT BY INTERNET AND BELEIVE ME ITS THE MOST WONDERFUL CAKE I EVER TRY. I WOULD LIKE TO MAKE IT NOT EXACTLY THE SAME BUT TRY TO HAVE THAT WONDERFUL TASTE OF RICH CARAMEL. I MAKE 2 RECIPES FROM INTERNET AND NOTHING COMPARES TO THAT REACH CARAMEL, I DO ONE THAT ONE OF THE INGREDIENTS WAS CONFECTIONER SUGAR AND ITS NOT THE FLAVOR, AND I DONT HAVE COOKING TERMOMETER I DO ANOTHER ONE AND NOTHING THE CARAMEL HAVE BITS OF SUGAR IT WAS LIKE DULCE DE LECHE! I DONT KNOW IF I BOIL TOO MUCH I POUR IT IN THE CAKE AND IT WAS TOO LIQUID AND THEN IT WAS LIKE A STICKY BUBBLE GUM WHEN IT DRIES.

I WILL POST A PICTURE OF THE CAKE I BUY IT SAIDS IS GOURMET CARAMEL/CARML CAKE AND SHE SAIDS SHE BOILS THE CARAMEL AT 500 DEGREES HEAVY IRON SKILLET AND HER CAKE IS SOUR CREAM CAKE, I MAKE DIFERRENT RECIPES FROM INTERNET BUT NEVER LIKE THAT ONE THE CAKE WAS SOO SOFT ITS LIKE U DONT TASTE FLOUR OR EGGS IN THE CAKE ITS LIKE A LIGHT CAKE I MAKE CAKES VERY SOFT BUT NEVER LIKE THIS EVEN THE PILLSBURRY IS NOT THAT SOFT. HER CARAMEL ITS LIKE BUTTERY, CARAMEL, VERY SOFT SHE SEND ME IN A PACKAGE WITH NO DRY ICE FOR 8 DAYS AND HERE IN PUERTO RICO ITS VERY HOT AND THE CAKE COME INTACT AND OHH MY GOD WHAT A WONDERFUL TASTE.

PLEASE IF SOMEONE HAVE A RECIPE TO SHARE WITH ME I WILL BE SOO GLAD AND HAPPY PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, LET ME KNOW!

Image[/url][/code]

17 replies
the7belle Posted 28 Sep 2007 , 10:59pm
post #2 of 18

THANKS FOR ALL THE ANSWERS I HAVE RECEIVE. thumbsdown.gif

Yorkiemum Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Yorkiemum Posted 28 Sep 2007 , 11:16pm
post #3 of 18

Hello Puerto Rico! That cake sounds yummy. I'd like to know how to make it also. Hope someone can help.

didavista Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
didavista Posted 28 Sep 2007 , 11:16pm
post #4 of 18

I sure wish I could help you, because that would mean that I have one awesome recipe from what you described. I hope some one can help you, I would like to try it too.

the7belle Posted 29 Sep 2007 , 1:59am
post #5 of 18

THANKS A LOT LADIES I HOPE SOMEONE HAVE A RECIPE TO HELP ME, I WOULD LIKE TO MAKE ONE FOR MY COUSIN IN GERMANY. THANKS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkiemum

Hello Puerto Rico! That cake sounds yummy. I'd like to know how to make it also. Hope someone can help.

jibbies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jibbies Posted 29 Sep 2007 , 2:09am
post #6 of 18

Sounds yummy, I hope you find the recipe. Puerto Rico is beautiful I was in Bayamon about 3 years ago. Lovely people.
One request, STOP SHOUTING. icon_smile.gif
Jibbies

rockii Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rockii Posted 29 Sep 2007 , 2:10am
post #7 of 18

my great grandmothers makes her caramel cakes this way basically you put the can of pet milk on the stove in a skillet of water and let it boil. it is the way the used to make it in the old days.

http://www.eaglebrand.com/detail.asp?rid=825

eagle brand is what we use in our family. you don't have to add any sugar to it. here is the link they do suggest not puting the can on the stove like the old method. we do it all the time but if you are not comfortable then pouring into a double boiler works just as well

hth

rockii

BCJean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BCJean Posted 29 Sep 2007 , 2:17am
post #8 of 18

I make a caramel icing which my family likes a lot. I use equal parts of heavy whipping cream and brown sugar. Bring to a boil and cook until it is at the "soft ball" stage. Beat it until it thickens, then spread on cake. We usually put it on chocolate cake but I tried the coconut cake recipe on here from the Shoebox and it was wonderful. I am thinking it would be very good with caramel icing.

1nanette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
1nanette Posted 29 Sep 2007 , 2:20am
post #9 of 18

Is the caramel on the "Internet Cake" hard or soft?

the7belle Posted 29 Sep 2007 , 2:57am
post #10 of 18

hi the caramel icing its very soft but does not taste like confectionr sugar icing it taste like a caramel candy but very soft i think she dont spread it over the cake i think she pour it and let the caramel cover the entire cake then it hardens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1nanette

Is the caramel on the "Internet Cake" hard or soft?

the7belle Posted 29 Sep 2007 , 3:03am
post #11 of 18

hi thanks a lot for your answer please u can tell me what is a soft ball stage? i speak spanish and i dont understand some technique words in english what i have to see in the sugar to know that is in a soft ball stage? i was trying to make it i dont have a termometer so i wait but the mixture turns like a "dulce de leche" the sugar was like lots of little balls like a cottage cheese please help me! thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCJean

I make a caramel icing which my family likes a lot. I use equal parts of heavy whipping cream and brown sugar. Bring to a boil and cook until it is at the "soft ball" stage. Beat it until it thickens, then spread on cake. We usually put it on chocolate cake but I tried the coconut cake recipe on here from the Shoebox and it was wonderful. I am thinking it would be very good with caramel icing.

the7belle Posted 29 Sep 2007 , 3:08am
post #12 of 18

ohh thanks a lot i see a video making a caramel with the condensed milk i was surprised i will going to try, u think it will get hard when i pour it on the cake?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockii

my great grandmothers makes her caramel cakes this way basically you put the can of pet milk on the stove in a skillet of water and let it boil. it is the way the used to make it in the old days.

http://www.eaglebrand.com/detail.asp?rid=825

eagle brand is what we use in our family. you don't have to add any sugar to it. here is the link they do suggest not puting the can on the stove like the old method. we do it all the time but if you are not comfortable then pouring into a double boiler works just as well

hth

rockii

rockii Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rockii Posted 29 Sep 2007 , 3:13am
post #13 of 18

it will not become very hard. it always stayed a nice consistency. not to loose but not too thick. if you want it thicker cook it longer

Linliv46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Linliv46 Posted 29 Sep 2007 , 3:35am
post #14 of 18

the7belle, Maybe if you tell us where you ordered the cake from someone might be familiar with it! Sounds yummy to me! thumbs_up.gif

Linda

1nanette Posted 29 Sep 2007 , 4:02am
post #15 of 18

I havent tried this recipe before but it might work for you. My own recipe for caramel frosting doesnt have a recipe. I learned from watching my mom so there are no measurments. Try this one. It comes form The Southern Living series of cookbooks and Ive never come across a bad recipe there.
3 cups white sugar
3/4 cup half and half
1 large egg
Pinch of salt
1/2 cup butter, cut up, softened

Combine 2-1/2 cups of sugar , milk ,egg,and salt in a bowl; mix well then stir in butter.

Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup of sugar kind of heavily but even in a heavy bottom saucepan. Place the pan on med-hi heat and let it begin browning.
DO NOT WALK AWAY FROM THE POT!! WATCH IT WITH BOTH EYES!!
The sugar will begin to melt then turn brown. When it is light golden brown remove carmelized sugar from the heat. Immediatley stir the butter mixture in, REDUCE HEAT TO MEDIUM return to burner and keep stirring. DONT STOP STIRRING. The sugar is is going to lump but that OK the lumps cook out. KEEP STIRRING.

Cook over medium heat (still stirrng) until it reaches soft ball stage. Don't let it go pass 235 degrees. Remove from heat and beat with a wooden spoon until almost speading consistency (about 5-10 min) Spread onto cooled cake.

Add a teaspoon of vanilla extract while its cooling. I know the recipe doesnt list it but what could it hurt.

You will might have to try it couple of times before you perfect it. But remember to keep your eye on the sugar as it carmelizes and... oh yeah keep stirring.

PM me or email me and let me know how it turned out. I will try to figure out my family recipe.

Lynette

PS If you let the sugar get to brown during carmelizing process you will have sticky frosting. Thats the way my aunt Alma like it. I think its awful.

1nanette Posted 29 Sep 2007 , 4:11am
post #16 of 18

Hey 7Belles
To check for soft ball stage, put some cool water into a cup. Then drop a few drops of the carmel into the water. Use your finger to try and form a ball. If it forms a ball but is too soft to pick up. That is soft ball stage.

the7belle Posted 29 Sep 2007 , 4:59am
post #17 of 18

HI I BUY IT ON EBAY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linliv46

the7belle, Maybe if you tell us where you ordered the cake from someone might be familiar with it! Sounds yummy to me! thumbs_up.gif

Linda

the7belle Posted 29 Sep 2007 , 5:01am
post #18 of 18

HII THANKS A LOT FOR YOUR ANSWER NOW I KNOW WHAT IS THAT, THANKS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1nanette

Hey 7Belles
To check for soft ball stage, put some cool water into a cup. Then drop a few drops of the carmel into the water. Use your finger to try and form a ball. If it forms a ball but is too soft to pick up. That is soft ball stage.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%