Tomkats Wedding Cake

Lounge By GenesisCakes Updated 30 Nov 2006 , 3:02am by maryak

GenesisCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GenesisCakes Posted 28 Nov 2006 , 4:11pm
post #1 of 23

Just thought you all would like to take a peek at TomKats cake. I LOVE THIS CAKE!
LL

22 replies
Firstlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Firstlady Posted 28 Nov 2006 , 4:13pm
post #2 of 23

I'm lost for words! That's a lot of cake

Ladivacrj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladivacrj Posted 28 Nov 2006 , 4:16pm
post #3 of 23

Why is she wearing a curtain. Sorry I couldn't help it!! But the dress was horrible.

MomLittr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MomLittr Posted 28 Nov 2006 , 4:16pm
post #4 of 23

This is a nice, fairly simply decorated cake - very nice and very large! Is it me, or the photo, but it looks tilted! icon_surprised.gif

GenesisCakes Posted 28 Nov 2006 , 4:17pm
post #5 of 23

Yes I thought it was tilted also...it must be the picture angle.

adven68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adven68 Posted 28 Nov 2006 , 4:19pm
post #6 of 23

Are you kidding? Take a look at this...it's identical!!

http://www.candylandcrafts.com/images/902-907bookwiltonweddingcakes.jpg

tiptop57 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiptop57 Posted 28 Nov 2006 , 4:22pm
post #7 of 23

Yeppers - like the last thread on this........the cake is boring and been around forever. I stated before that I thought the florist did a better job with the cake table.

BTW I think the photographer tilted that picture on purpose as to take away the fact that Katie is slouching so much to not look taller than him.

Give him a milk crate to stand on for crying out loud.

P.S. I heard she is pregnant again!

dolfin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dolfin Posted 28 Nov 2006 , 4:22pm
post #8 of 23

don't like it, but it wasn't my wedding and i didn't have to pay for it. to each his own. looks off center to me.

ps: all them roses, I keep expecting them guys from alice in wonderland to come around painting them red and the queen yelling off with their heads!!!!

GenesisCakes Posted 28 Nov 2006 , 4:26pm
post #9 of 23

I think she slouches all the time because of his height...LOL you are too funny with the crate....maybe a phone book?? LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiptop57

Yeppers - like the last thread on this........the cake is boring and been around forever. I stated before that I thought the florist did a better job with the cake table.

BTW I think the photographer tilted that picture on purpose as to take away the fact that Katie is slouching so much to not look taller than him.

Give him a milk crate to stand on for crying out loud.

P.S. I heard she is pregnant again!

noreen816 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
noreen816 Posted 28 Nov 2006 , 4:33pm
post #10 of 23

it looks simple to me also, and im new at this! it definitely looks like its tipping a little bit. its nice, but not for what im sure they paid for it.

bellejoey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bellejoey Posted 28 Nov 2006 , 4:35pm
post #11 of 23

With all their money, they could have had diamonds placed in some beautiful flowers that Sylvia Weinstock created. lol!

cakemommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemommy Posted 28 Nov 2006 , 4:36pm
post #12 of 23

Very boring! Is that the dress she wed in??? It looks dirty just like the cake! Yeah, I recognized that style from a Wilton cake right away! Not very creative for their wedding cake IMO! I expected something more elaborate! Oh, the cake is totally leaning! If the photographer purposely( icon_confused.gif ) angled the picture like that, he should be fired because it is not very becoming. I would be furious if my cake was made to look like that in a picture! icon_mad.gif

Amy

vixterfsu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vixterfsu Posted 28 Nov 2006 , 4:43pm
post #13 of 23

I agree the cake is EH. The dress in the picture is her second dress for the reception. Armani the designer.

debbie2881 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debbie2881 Posted 28 Nov 2006 , 4:44pm
post #14 of 23

It does look like its leaning a bit, someone didnt do a very good job. I'm sure glad they care about their vows more than the dress or the cake! If my DH loved me and my baby i wouldnt care how tall he was either. They look very happy and i hope it works out, i'm happy for them.

cakemommy Posted 28 Nov 2006 , 4:47pm
post #15 of 23

I just found more pictures of her in her actual wedding dress! I'm assuming that cake was made to match the color of her dress for the reception which is a unique idea!

icon_confused.gif

Amy

khoudek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
khoudek Posted 28 Nov 2006 , 4:48pm
post #16 of 23

Agree with all the above. About the dress, the fabric is very in right now. My daughter is marrying in 6 months and we've seen a lot of dresses in that type of fabric. The veil that went with Kate's dress was very beautiful. One thing that does bother me about the dress is the one arm has no sleeve, but the other does ( not really a sleeve, but you know what I mean) If I remember Nicole Kidman's dress had this same feature....Hmmmm!

cakemommy Posted 28 Nov 2006 , 4:50pm
post #17 of 23

So Tom has a thing for shoulders!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Amy

khoudek Posted 28 Nov 2006 , 4:55pm
post #18 of 23

I was being a bit more catty then that I guess. It just seems to me that that she wouldn't want any of the same elements of her fiance's ex's dress. Especially since Nicole's was an original and I'm sure Kate's was too. She could have had any detail that would have put her own stamp on a corner of fashion ( as Nicole's dress has done). Instead her designer has incorporated this option.

tiptop57 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiptop57 Posted 28 Nov 2006 , 5:05pm
post #19 of 23

Okay, okay look at that photo again, if the cake is leaning than that table is going to fall over! It's not the cake but the photo.

Cakemommy wrote:

Quote:
Quote:

So Tom has a thing for shoulders!!

Can't understand why......hmmm unless because it is the first thing he sees on a women "eye to shoulder" OMG I am killing myself here. - lol icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Jeeze I can't stand that guy............jumping a couch.........oh my, well like I said before, now that they will have two babies soon she will make a killing even though she has a pre-nup. I give this marriage five years thats when she will get tired of slouching and kick his butt out.

khoudek Posted 28 Nov 2006 , 5:09pm
post #20 of 23
Quote:

Okay, okay look at that photo again, if the cake is leaning than that table is going to fall over! It's not the cake but the photo.

Cakemommy wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

Can't understand why......hmmm unless because it is the first thing he sees on a women "eye to shoulder" OMG I am killing myself here. - lol icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Jeeze I can't stand that guy............jumping a couch.........oh my, well like I said before, now that they will have two babies soon she will make a killing even though she has a pre-nup. I give this marriage five years thats when she will get tired of slouching and kick his butt out.

Hysterical!

GenesisCakes Posted 28 Nov 2006 , 5:15pm
post #21 of 23

His likeable factor has jumped...in my opinion he did me in with the brook sheilds post partum depression comment.

Quote:

Cakemommy wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

peacockplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacockplace Posted 29 Nov 2006 , 12:46am
post #22 of 23

I'm not sure why you would tilt a picture like that. I'm hoping it's the picture because if they paid that much money for a cake that crooked I'll pass out! Ans if she is pregnant again... bless her heart because I had a baby about the same time she did, and I'd have a heart attack if I was pregnant again right now!

maryak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maryak Posted 30 Nov 2006 , 3:02am
post #23 of 23

I'm sure the majority of talented people here could have designed a cake much more magnificent and pleasing to the eye..... and I could have designed the dress!!! icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%