Please Help My Doggie!!!!i Need Your Vote!

Lounge By ge978 Updated 16 Jan 2007 , 10:55pm by BarbaraK

ge978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ge978 Posted 28 Nov 2006 , 2:36pm
post #1 of 82

I entered Chloe in a contest online...there are 3 money prizes. Usually i wouldn't ask for votes, but we need this money for her surgery. She has hip displaysia and can't afford her surgery. I've tried everything i know, but the vet says she needs it fairly soon.

She is a 15 month old St Bernard and we love her to death. So if you would like to help, I'm providing a link to the contest...if you like her pic..please vote for her.

http://photocontest.shutterfly.com/action/photocontest/vote?entry=166683

Thank you!!

81 replies
twinsline7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twinsline7 Posted 28 Nov 2006 , 2:45pm
post #2 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by ge978

I entered Chloe in a contest online...there are 3 money prizes. Usually i wouldn't ask for votes, but we need this money for her surgery. She has hip displaysia and can't afford her surgery. I've tried everything i know, but the vet says she needs it fairly soon.

She is a 15 month old St Bernard and we love her to death. So if you would like to help, I'm providing a link to the contest...if you like her pic..please vote for her.

http://photocontest.shutterfly.com/action/photocontest/vote?entry=166683

Thank you!!

since its for a good cause...I'll behave in here....here is a bump icon_biggrin.gif

denise2434 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
denise2434 Posted 28 Nov 2006 , 2:46pm
post #3 of 82

Just gave her 5 Stars ge!! thumbs_up.gif And she is worth every one of them! She is soooo adorable!!!

ge978 Posted 28 Nov 2006 , 2:49pm
post #4 of 82

Hahahha thanks Twinsy for being good!!

And thank you so much Denise!!

twinsline7 Posted 28 Nov 2006 , 2:49pm
post #5 of 82

ok..I said Id behave,....but I have to say just this...then I promise its all bumps from here.....

GO CUJO GO!!!!!

Pootchi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pootchi Posted 28 Nov 2006 , 2:52pm
post #6 of 82

I just went and give her 5 stars. She's really adorable!!!
My little doggie would fit in her mouth though icon_lol.gif

Gotta love those little (or big) darlings!!!!

ge978 Posted 28 Nov 2006 , 2:52pm
post #7 of 82

Thanks Pootchi!!! I really appreciate it!!

bransmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bransmom Posted 28 Nov 2006 , 3:15pm
post #8 of 82

I feel your pain, our 3 yr old American Bulldog is bone to bone. Our vet says surgery is not a MUST right now. I gave her 5 stars. She is adorable. Good luck and keep us posted.

ge978 Posted 28 Nov 2006 , 3:25pm
post #9 of 82

bransmom...i'm sorry about your doggie too! Its rough to see them in pain and not be able to help them right away.

I really really appreciate your vote! And i will definitely keep you guys posted as soon as the contest ends thumbs_up.gif

dulce Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dulce Posted 28 Nov 2006 , 3:26pm
post #10 of 82

OMG! She's adorable! Five stars to Chloe, good luck.

ge978 Posted 28 Nov 2006 , 3:28pm
post #11 of 82

Thank you Dulce!!

jstritt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jstritt Posted 28 Nov 2006 , 3:38pm
post #12 of 82

So sad. I love dogs. Yours is so cute. 5 stars here!!! Good luck.
Have you ever considered doggie health insurance? I think it is pretty reasonable. Might be something to consider.

ge978 Posted 28 Nov 2006 , 3:52pm
post #13 of 82

jstritt: Thank you so much for your vote! Yep, I tried the insurance route, but most of them won't cover a preexisting condition. Even if they did..their rates are really high and I would have to come up with thousands of dollars up front and then wait to get reimbursed.
Thank you again!

gailsgoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gailsgoodies Posted 28 Nov 2006 , 3:59pm
post #14 of 82

Chloe's got my 5 stars! Chubbs (that's him in my avatar) and I think she's adorable! thumbs_up.gif

jo_ann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jo_ann Posted 28 Nov 2006 , 4:11pm
post #15 of 82

She's beautiful. Definitely a 5 star.

On a side note I like your avatar twinsy. But didn't anyone tell the monkey that smokings bad for him. icon_razz.gif

spottydog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spottydog Posted 28 Nov 2006 , 4:13pm
post #16 of 82

Definetly worth all 5 stars! Too adorable!!!!!

spottydog Posted 28 Nov 2006 , 4:18pm
post #17 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by spottydog

Definetly worth all 5 stars! Too adorable!!!!!

Edited to add I just sent your link to everyone on my contact list. That should get her a winner. icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

twinsline7 Posted 28 Nov 2006 , 4:18pm
post #18 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by jo_ann

On a side note I like your avatar twinsy. But didn't anyone tell the monkey that smokings bad for him. icon_razz.gif

ummm....no....looks like no one told spotty's mokeys either! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

dont worry ge..i wont submit my monkey....so Cujo has a chance icon_confused.gificon_lol.gifthumbs_up.gificon_twisted.gificon_lol.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by gailsgoodies

Chloe's got my 5 stars! Chubbs (that's him in my avatar) and I think she's adorable!

awwwww.....look at that Cujo....inner tube and all and some dog still find you attractive! icon_lol.gifthumbs_up.gif

jo_ann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jo_ann Posted 28 Nov 2006 , 4:24pm
post #19 of 82

Yep, I can see that noone told those monkeys about the bad effects of smoking.
icon_razz.gif
Ge, do you know if we can vote more than once. I wouldn't mind voting for him a few more times
[/quote]

ge978 Posted 28 Nov 2006 , 6:03pm
post #20 of 82

gailsgoodies...thanks to you & Chubbs icon_lol.gif He's adorable too!!!

Joann: thank you!!! I think for this contest you can only vote once.

Awww Spotty..thank you! Thank you!!

And Twinsy you are cracking me up with the cujo!! icon_biggrin.gif

jen1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jen1977 Posted 28 Nov 2006 , 6:20pm
post #21 of 82

I just gave him 5 stars! We would love to have a St Bernard...do you think he would fit under our landlords 14 inch, 40 pound size limit? icon_lol.gif

ge978 Posted 28 Nov 2006 , 6:32pm
post #22 of 82

Thanks for your vote Jen!! Hmmm...14" 40lb limit? sure icon_lol.gif But only until it gets to be about 3 months old..then you will have to move icon_biggrin.gif

twinsline7 Posted 28 Nov 2006 , 9:52pm
post #23 of 82

CUJO NEEDS A BUMP!!!!

spottydog Posted 29 Nov 2006 , 1:18am
post #24 of 82

Sorry..... animal lover here, Bumping

Pootchi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pootchi Posted 29 Nov 2006 , 1:24am
post #25 of 82

I just checked and it says that the photo is in the most popular!!!!

Good luck
here's a bump!!!

bonniesido Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniesido Posted 29 Nov 2006 , 2:13am
post #26 of 82

Chloe looks like the winner to me! A lot of vets are willing to give payment plans for something like this. If yours won't you might want to check around in your area to see if one would. Good luck Chloe! Bubbie Roo and I are sending lots of healing vibes your way! With CC on your side you are bound to be a winner!

ge978 Posted 29 Nov 2006 , 2:28am
post #27 of 82

Thank you Spottydog, Pootchi & Bonniesido!!!! It really means alot that you guys are helping like this!

Unfortunately there are very few vets that even do this surgery, and payment plans aren't an option...even if they were , depending on if she needed both hips done it could be over $4000 icon_sad.gif

So again I thank you all!! And Chloe thanks you too...(its Cujo to you twins! icon_lol.gif )

cocorum21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocorum21 Posted 29 Nov 2006 , 2:34am
post #28 of 82

you got my vote!

can I vote again?

twinsline7 Posted 29 Nov 2006 , 3:13am
post #29 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by ge978

Thank you Spottydog, Pootchi & Bonniesido!!!! It really means alot that you guys are helping like this!
)

icon_confused.gificon_confused.gificon_confused.gificon_confused.gif UMMM EXCUSE ME!!! Im the one BUMPING here! .....I mean I know we all know its a bad habit of mine and all.....but still....a little credit!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Cujo will win....I better get a cut....although even as much as her big ol head in that little bitty floatie.....it wouldve been more appropriate had she had whipped cream all over her mouth and you had her inside the car icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif GO CUJO GO!!! thumbs_up.gif

ge978 Posted 29 Nov 2006 , 3:35am
post #30 of 82

Thanks cocorum!! I wish we could vote again, but i think you can only vote once.

And as for you miss Twinsy

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

Oh and me and Chloe might just be making a trip to Texas...so get in your car and wait for us! icon_twisted.gificon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%