French Vanilla Almond Sour Cream Cake Recipe

Baking By e rose sweets Updated 25 Sep 2007 , 3:18pm by LvMy4Runner

e rose sweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
e rose sweets Posted 25 Sep 2007 , 2:22pm
post #1 of 5

does anyone have the receipe for the french vanilla almond sour cream cake and cinnamon sour cream cake. Please share they sound so good icon_smile.gif

4 replies
rcs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rcs Posted 25 Sep 2007 , 2:59pm
post #2 of 5

First of all, Welcome!!
My first guess is that these are both variations of the White Almond Sour Cream cake. The first one, using French Vanilla cake mixes instead of the white cake mixes...the second one, possibly adding cinnamon and using all vanilla flavoring instead of the almond. I haven't made either of these, but they do sound good, don't they?
The White Almond Sour Cream Cake is in the recipe section under cake mix cakes.

StephW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
StephW Posted 25 Sep 2007 , 3:10pm
post #3 of 5

I make the WASC cake (recipe in the gallery as rcs said) all the time using the French vanilla cake mix instead of a white cake mix. It's delicious.

mommy2owen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommy2owen Posted 25 Sep 2007 , 3:11pm
post #4 of 5

I've not made the cinnamon, but I have made a french vanilla almond sour cream cake, and just like the pp said, I just used french vanilla cake mix in the place of white. It turned out great. icon_smile.gif

LvMy4Runner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LvMy4Runner Posted 25 Sep 2007 , 3:18pm
post #5 of 5

HI there! Yes, what I did was modify the White Almond Sour Cream Cake recipe found on here : http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-2322-White-Almond-Sour-Cream-Cake.html

Correct - I used French Vanilla cake mix
Correct - I used Chocolate Fudge cake mix and used Cinnamon Extract vs. Almond

These are my two favorite variations so far on this recipe. My favorite filling for the French Vanilla is Raspberries, but Strawberries are good too. The Chocolate a Cream Cheese filling is great, as well as Strawberries.

I did also use whole eggs to make a more dense cake for stacking and carving and it stood up pretty well.

ENJOY!!! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%