Fondant Zoo/safari Animals

Decorating By kellyshe Updated 19 Oct 2007 , 5:57am by anku

kellyshe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellyshe Posted 25 Sep 2007 , 1:09pm
post #1 of 6

Does anyone know where I can find a link to how to make various zoo/safari animals? (Lion, elephant, giraffe, etc)? I'm doing a safari cake for the 20th of October and would like to get a jump start on planning. Any help would be appreciated. I think I found a tutorial on an elephant, but I don't remember where I saved the info! Thanks so much!!

Sheri

5 replies
karennayak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karennayak Posted 25 Sep 2007 , 3:31pm
post #2 of 6

Hi,
i did a jungle cake a while ago. It's in my photos. take a look, and if you have any questions, i'm happy to help.
Karen

MandyE Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MandyE Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 2:25pm
post #3 of 6

kellyshe - did you ever find anything? I have a zoo cake to do for next weekend and need to start making the animals. I don't have a clue where to begin. Would love to see your cake when it's done!

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 5:50pm
post #4 of 6

Here's the link to Aine2's elephant...that might be the one you had and can't find

" rel="nofollow">

You can probably apply some of her techniques to the other animals too! Also I've had others suggest that you look at sculpey or other clay sites to seek out tutorials (I know I saw one once on a cow) since basically you'd be doing the same thing, only w/sugar.

I just freehanded mine so my only advice is to "just go for it!" LOL. I did them very simply: spheres and modified spheres. I looked at your pics (did you know you have comments turned off btw) - you'll do fine!

coolchc21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
coolchc21 Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 2:03am
post #5 of 6

I also did a jungle cake not long ago. You can see it in my gallery. Let me know if you have any questions! icon_smile.gif

anku Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anku Posted 19 Oct 2007 , 5:57am
post #6 of 6

I did this cake which has both the sea life and some jungle animals. I used the sculpey mold for them.
Here's the pic.
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%