Is My Pricing On These Out Of The Ballpark?

Sugar Work By MomLittr Updated 27 Nov 2006 , 2:50pm by MomLittr

MomLittr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MomLittr Posted 27 Nov 2006 , 11:28am
post #1 of 8

Ok, this is not exactly candy making, but I am doing a craft show and selling decorated candy canes. Am thinking of 50 cents a piece. These are 6" candycanes made up to look like reindeer (hoping the picture attaches). Is that price fair?
LL

7 replies
playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 27 Nov 2006 , 11:34am
post #2 of 8

I think that is a very fair price.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

jnf1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jnf1 Posted 27 Nov 2006 , 11:37am
post #3 of 8

I agree that is fair, you have to buy your supplies and don't forget your time thumbs_up.gif

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 27 Nov 2006 , 11:57am
post #4 of 8

With your supplies and creativity, looks like you could go higher, at least at a craft show. I suppose you could start out at a dollar, you can always come down if they aren't moving well. Janice

Sophie-Em Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sophie-Em Posted 27 Nov 2006 , 12:07pm
post #5 of 8

50 cents is not enough especially in your area. I would be leaning towards 1.00 a piece. Make sure they are standing up not lying down. My mom (when she was alive and I would do craft shows as we live in NJ also). Presentation is the key but you should be getting close to 1.00 a piece for these reindeer ornaments especially with us getting closer to Christmas. God luck with your craft show.

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 27 Nov 2006 , 12:08pm
post #6 of 8

that price is reasonable

pinkyEm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkyEm Posted 27 Nov 2006 , 12:33pm
post #7 of 8

I would go with $1. I have been making those reindeer since I was a kid and used to hang them on the Christmas tree. To me, they are priceless for the memories you just brought back. icon_biggrin.gif

MomLittr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MomLittr Posted 27 Nov 2006 , 2:50pm
post #8 of 8

Wow, you think I could get $1 each? They are only 6" long, so not very big candy canes. Being a cheapskate icon_redface.gif , don't think I would pay that much personally. Maybe I will split the difference and up the price to 75 cents each. Thanks for the help gang!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%