Tilted Whimsical Cake

Decorating By patygpm Updated 27 Nov 2006 , 4:09am by czyadgrl

patygpm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patygpm Posted 27 Nov 2006 , 2:18am
post #1 of 5

I am doing a tilted whimsical cake for my father in law's birthday. I want to do the cake that appears in the Whimsical Bakehouse book but I do not understand the instructions completely icon_redface.gif . I was wondering if anyone could help me please. I looked for info here but the instructions I found are not exactly what I want. So I would appreciate all the help I can get since I want to do a great job for my father in law, he has always been very nice with me and my family. icon_razz.gif

4 replies
desireed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
desireed Posted 27 Nov 2006 , 2:28am
post #2 of 5

What questions do you have? If you post specific questions then maybe a few people will pop on here and answer them for you.

patygpm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patygpm Posted 27 Nov 2006 , 2:33am
post #3 of 5

My questions are: How exactly do you get the tilted effect look? Do you carve the bottom cake in a slanted way and then make a "hole" in the center to place the top tier? and repeat this step in the rest of the tiers? Or do I just do a normal tier cake and use the fillings and the icing to make the cake look tilted?

AnnMelanie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnMelanie Posted 27 Nov 2006 , 2:38am
post #4 of 5

I have not yet made my own whimsical, tilted cake - but frequently read the "how to make a whimsical cake" article posted on the home page - I truly love and appreciate these articles as I can go back and study them as much as I need. Hope this helps : ) Ann

czyadgrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
czyadgrl Posted 27 Nov 2006 , 4:09am
post #5 of 5

Did you see this article here on CC yet?
I have not tried to do one yet, but maybe this link will help:

http://www.cakecentral.com/article1-Instructions-For-Building-A-Whimsical-Tilted-Cake.html

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%